Smackdown Vs Raw 2010 Roster
The “Smackdown vs. Raw 2010” roster presented a who’s who of WWE professional wrestling talent as well as some legends available to unlock. What makes the 2010 version of the game interesting is a number of wrestlers who no longer compete in the WWE, making this game one that might be nostalgic but is instantly dated when taken out of the box.
- Raw – The “Smackdown vs Raw 2010” roster includes a number of stars that no longer wrestle in the federation from the Raw brand. MVP, Carlito and Festus have all been released from the company. Shawn Michaels retired and both Brian Kendrick and Mickie James have moved on to TNA. Triple H is also not wrestling on a regular basis either. The Raw lineup does feature some major stars including John Cena, Randy Orton, The Miz and Big Show, but other than that it is slim pickings.
- Smackdown – Much like the Raw roster, the Smackdown superstars in the “Smackdown vs Raw 2010” roster features a number of wrestlers no longer with the company. Batista, Edge and Chris Jericho all retired and both Matt and Jeff Hardy have left the WWE. Shad and Mike Knox were both released and that leaves the roster on the Smackdown side very thin. The other major stars on the brand including CM Punk, Rey Mysterio, John Morrison and R-Truth are not even on Smackdown anymore. This is one roster that has been dismantled.
- ECW – If you want to play a game for simple nostalgia purposes, the “Smackdown vs Raw 2010” roster features a third brand, ECW, which died before the game was even a year old. The ECW brand only featured nine wrestlers and two of them, Tommy Dreamer and Shelton Benjamin, are both out of the WWE. What is amusing is that, while ECW is no more, that roster features a larger percentage of people still wrestling in the WWE somewhere.
- Divas – With the exception of Mickie James, who moved to TNA, and both Maria and Michelle McCool, who retired, most of the Divas in the game are still with the company. For those who like to play with the girls, you get Gail Kim, Beth Phoenix, Kelly Kelly, Maryse, Melina, Natalya and the Bella Twins to control.
- Legends – One of the best parts of WWE wrestling games is playing as legends, but because the WWE planned a legends themed stand-alone game, the “Smackdown vs Raw 2010” roster only included six legends. Stone Cold Steve Austin was available, but only for download. The other legends in the game were The Rock, Vince McMahan, Dusty Rhodes, Bob Orton Jr. and Ted DiBiase.