Social Security Card Replacement
If you need a social security card replacement, you probably want to get this handled as quickly as possible. There are so many different reasons why you want to have your social security card on hand and being without it can cause delays in important paperwork and documentation. As soon as you realize that you need a replacement, start the process.
- Visit the Social Security Administration online or a local Social Security Administration Office. If you have any questions throughout the process they can be answered at the website. Everything you need for social security card replacement can be found here.
- Fill out the Application for a Social Security Card Form. You can type out the information online and print out the information for a social security card replacement or you can print the document out by hand. If you do this, be sure to use a blue or black ink pen only.
- Complete each part of the application. If you skip over parts or don't fill things in correctly, your request will be denied. To save time, double check all of the information that you provided. If you don't have the information you need, find it before submitting your application for a social security card replacement.
- Prove your identity. In order to prove that you are who you say you are, documentation will be necessary. Because you are just applying for a social security card replacement, you will just need to show proof of your identity. In this case, the most common proof of identity is your United States drivers license. You either need to send in the original (not the best idea) or get a certified copy from the issuing agency. You can talk to someone at Motor Vehicles to find out how to get a copy.
- Mail in the application and proof of identity. If you are able to get an extra copy of the drivers license, you can mail it is as soon as the application is completed. It will take some time for everything to be processed by your license will be mailed back to you.
- You can also bring in your application and documentation to a local Social Security Office. The Social Security Administration's online website can help you find the closest office. You will then receive your social security card replacement.
If you need a social security card replacement, take the time to get one as soon as possible.