There are a number of Solodyn side effects one should know about prior to taking the drug. Minocycline hydrochloride, better known by its brand name Solodyn, is a drug primarily used to fight acne, skin infections, and Lyme disease. Solodyn is usually administered in its 100mg form and taken twice daily by patients. Read on to get informed about some of the more notable Solodyn side effects out there.
- Upset stomach. A common side effect of Solodyn, upset stomach is often accompanied by diarrhea. Feelings of dizziness and unsteadiness are also just as common adverse effects.
- Drowsiness. Expect to be somewhat tired when taking Solodyn in any form (not too unusual for any medication). Minocycline can also induce spells of headaches and vomiting.
- Sensitivity to sunlight. An increased sensitivity to sunlight has been noted as an adverse effect of dosages of Minocycline hydrochloride. So avoid long exposures to the sun when taking Solodyn.
- Discoloration. Taking Solodyn for long periods of time can lead to a bluish-grayish tint to one's skin. Along with this, a permanent blue shade to the gums and teeth discoloration has been noted.
- Mental changes. Depersonalization, a feeling of unreality (or being outside of one's own body), is a rare side effect of Solodyn. Some vision changes have been noted as a side-effect of this depersonalization as well.
- Stomach pain. Any sort of pain in the stomach is a rare but serious side effect that should be reported to a qualified health professional. A sore throat is also rare and serious.
- Vestibular disturbances. More common in women than in men (occurring in 50% to 70% of females receiving dosages of Minocycline), common symptoms of vestibular disturbances include ataxia, vertigo, dizziness, and tinnitus. Solodyn is rarely used for women because of this.
- Allergic reaction. A serious, adverse effect of Minocycline hydrochloride is an allergic reaction to the drug. Common side effects of this serious reaction are rashes, swelling, dizziness, itching, and trouble breathing.
- Muscle pain. To a degree, muscle pain and muscle weakness is considered an adverse effect of Solodyn. For this type of unusual side effect, however, it is important to seek medical attention promptly (as with other serious side effects).
- Problems with oral contraceptives. A reduced effectiveness of oral contraceptives has been noted as one of the many Solodyn side effects. Of course, unless you are taking birth control, you won't even notice these problems.
Solodyn has quite a number of adverse side effects, but some are willing to deal with these so as to have a clear complexion. Consult your licensed physician before taking dosages of Solodyn. Any questions concerning the various Solodyn side effects should be directed toward your doctor and/or pharmacist. The above article concerning Solodyn (Minocycline hydrochloride) is merely informative in nature, and not intended to replace the expertise of any licensed, medical professional.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
8 Things All Guys Should Stop Doing by Age 30
You're a man now, dog.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
You might be little spoon or perhaps a Belieber. Or, if you’re lucky, one popular country star.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”