Songs about lying are probably one of the most popular song topics around. Sad as it is, lying is human nature. Everyone lies, at some point in their life. Everyone has been lied to. Feeling scorned makes for some excellent song ideas. Every genre imaginable has songs about lying, liars, and cheating. And what lie told is worse than those lies about cheating?
- "Liar, Liar" by The Castaways. Certainly a popular song, "Liar,Liar" is about a man confronting the woman he loves about why she's been out. She makes up some story, but he sees right through it. He battles with himself if she should look the other way, or let her go.
- "Thunder Rolls" by Garth Brooks. Country songs and cheating seem to go hand-in-hand. There's a terrible thunder storm, and a wife is sitting up, waiting for her husband, while he's out having an affair. This seems to have been going on for some time, but he finally learns that she knows when he finally gets home, smelling of another woman's perfume.
- "Scotty Doesn't Know" by Lustra. Made popular by the movie, "Eurotrip", "Scotty Doesn't Know" takes a comical view on cheating. Told from the standpoint of the "other man," the song goes over all the lies that Fiona told Scotty so that she could go and cheat on him.
- "Creep" by TLC. It isn't very often that a cheating song by women is told from the standpoint of being the one to do the lying and sneaking around. That probably why "Creep" is such a great song. Women are just as capable as men of lying and cheating.
- "Liar, Liar" by Alexz Johnson. "Liar, Liar" is a song about a liar, but not about cheating. It's about being told what you want to hear, but knowing full well that it's all a lie.
- "Lyin' Eyes" by The Eagles. The Eagles remain popular, and "Lyin' Eyes" is a great example of why. A woman married a man for his money, and lies to him every time she goes out with another man. She lies to the man she sees, and lies to herself. And everyone can see it, except her.
- "Lips of an Angel" by Hinder. "Lips of an Angel" saw a lot of radio play when it was released, and it still does, as a lot of people identify with it. A man is on the phone with his ex flame. They're both involved with other people now, but they still have feelings for one another. But they remain involved in relationships that require them to lie to the one they're with.
- "Does He Love You?" by Rilo Kiley. A depressing song about lying and cheating. A woman sings about the married man she is involved with. He lies to her, and tells her that he loves her, and will leave his wife. He lies to his wife, and tells her there is nobody else. Everything is revealed when the wife calls the other woman, and tells her that she knows.
- "Should've Said No" by Taylor Swift. "Should've Said No" is a younger version of the typical cheating song. Swift sings about catching her boyfriend in a lie, and telling him off.
- "Talking In Your Sleep" by Crystal Gayle. No matter how good someone may be at lying, that doesn't matter when they talk in their sleep. Saying one thing when awake, and then something entirely different when asleep is certainly one way to get caught red-handed in a lie.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.