If you have ever engaged in any form of physical activity, you know it is great to have songs that pump you up. The activity doesn't even really have to be physical – it can simply be anything that requires a little extra motivation. Whether it is going for a run, playing in the big game, or just getting that final paper done, having great music is the perfect way to get in the zone. Below are ten of the best songs that pump you up.
- "Eye of the Tiger" by Survivor. You cannot have one of these lists without this song. It may be too cheesy to work for some, but try listening to the lyrics. You'll want to be Rocky after listening to this song enough.
- "Paranoid" by Black Sabbath. It was difficult to only put one Black Sabbath song on the list, but it just didn't seem fair to let any band have more than one song. "Paranoid" might be the quintessential up-tempo Sabbath song, so it earned its place. "Iron Man" certainly deserves a spot on the list, as well.
- "Mama Said Knock You Out" by LL Cool J. "Don't call it a comeback" starts the song, and it hammers on from there. There's so much swagger it should be illegal, but it works. Perfect for anyone that's been knocked down and is ready to get back up.
- "Dragula" by Rob Zombie. "Dragula" may be the best anthem for aggressive driving. Try to stay under the speed limit while this song is on – it is more difficult than you may imagine. This song is made for vehicles with good acceleration and great bass.
- "We Will Rock You" by Queen. If there is one reason that only one song per band can be on this list, it is Queen. A good portion of their catalogue consists of songs that can pump you up. "We Will Rock You" is perhaps the best for before a game – couple it for "We Are the Champions" when you win.
- "Riot" by Three Days Grace. If you are getting ready for a physical challenge, check out "Riot". Perhaps not the most popular song, it is lyrically stirring enough to make almost anyone want to get in a fight. Probably not the best thing to listen to before a big test.
- "99 Problems" by Jay-Z. Many, many people came to know Jay-Z's music through this song. It has everything a good pump up song needs – a good beat, a memorable hook, and loads of swagger. Perfect for taking on a big challenge.
- "Blitzkreig Bop" by The Ramones. The Ramones fall victim to the rule of only having one song on the list. "I Wanna Be Sedated" clearly deserves a spot, but "Blitzkreig Bop" is slightly more appropriate. Plus, even fewer people know the words.
- "When Worlds Collide" by Powerman 5000. Whatever happened to Powerman 5000? In the late 90s/early 2000s, they put out great music. "When Worlds Collide" is wondreful for anyone that needs a little extra force to get moving.
- "Master of Puppets" by Metallica. Say what you will about post-Napster Metallica, but the older songs are still great. "Master of Puppets" stands out as one of the better songs to to pump up anyone. From the driving beat to the killer guitar riff, this is honestly one of Metallica's best songs. "For Whom the Bell Tolls" and "King Nothing" would have easily made the list, had it not been for the "one song per band" rule.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?