Sore Throat Home Remedies
If you're feeling under the weather and your throat is feeling really sore and achy, it can help to be aware of some of the various sore throat home remedies. Home remedies can be useful for those that do not wish to use over-the-counter or prescription medications, and can generally be made out of items that people usually have in their homes, or that can easily be purchased at the local drugstore or supermarket. Lastly, sore throat home remedies are an affordable way to feel better.
- Licorice can be an effective natural home remedy for treating and soothing sore throats. Simply take a little piece of raw licorice and suck or chew on it for a period of time, which can help to ease inflammation and sore throat pain.
- Gargling is a quick and simple way to help ease uncomfortable sore throat symptoms. Use warm water to gargle to calm sore throats. Add a small pinch of salt to the warm water.
- Make sure there is sufficient moisture in the air. Sore throats can be exacerbated by dryness of the air. Take control of the situation by placing a cool-air humidifer in the room where you sleep. A vaporizer can also do the trick, as can a shallow pan filled with water.
- Make a tea to soothe your throat. One popular home remedy for sore throat symptoms is made out of honey, cayenne, apple cider vinegar and lemon. The tea is easy and fast to make. Take hot water, and then add in a couple of squirts of lemon juice, a small dab of cayenne pepper, a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and also one of honey. Drink the tea slowly to relax and calm your throat.
- One relaxing and easy sore throat treatment involves taking a bath. Soak in a hot bath with Epsom salts for about half an hour to relieve and decrease sore throat discomfort.