South Carolina State Parks
If you reside in the Southeast region of the United States and enjoy observing nature and partaking in outdoor activities, you should read up on the numerous South Carolina State Parks. South Carolina's many scenic parks are located all throughout the state, and are a hub for a wide array of recreational activities, including camping, hiking, golfing, cycling, horseback riding, fishing and boating.
- Goodale State Park - Goodale State Park spans 763 acres and is located in Camden, which is part of the state's inland region. Goodale State Park is a hub for kayaking and canoeing, and also for its picturesque appearance and towering cypress trees. The canoeing trail is three miles long leads to a remote and quiet section of the park. Apart from canoeing and kayaking, the park also offers hiking, picnicking and shoreline fishing activities.
- Paris Mountain State Park - Paris Mountain State Park is in downtown Greenville, which is a city in South Carolina's upstate region. Paris Mountain State Park is a popular urban spot for picnicking, with an idyllic mountainside backdrop. Other activities that are available at the park are cycling, hiking, lake swimming and fishing.
- Chester State Park - Chester State Park is a Chester, South Carolina park that is 523 acres in size. The park is home to a 160-acre lake, which is the center of all of the action. Chester State Park is a well-known hiking spot due to its nature trail, which passes through two-miles of pine forest. The park's various other activities include boating, archery, camping, fishing and picnicking.
- Oconee State Park - Oconee State Park is a cozy and historic mountain retreat that is located in the community of Mountain Rest, in northeastern South Carolina. Oconee State Park is nestled within the Blue Ridge Foothills and is a hot spot for campgrounds, cabin lodging and hiking trails for beginners. Many fishing lakes are available throughout the park, with both bream and bass.
- Poinsett State Park - Poinsett State Park is a Wedgefield, South Carolina park that has a tranquil and woodsy atmosphere. Poinsett State Park is a popular site for activities include camping, fishing and hiking. The 1,000 park also offers a a wide and diverse selection of plant life.