If you’ve been bowling for a while and you feel it’s time to step your game up, then it may be time for you to learn to spin a bowling ball. This is a technique that many seasoned bowlers use in their game, and it’s imperative if you want an edge against the opponent. Instead of continuously bowling straight and praying, learn to spin the bowling ball!
- Use your own bowling ball. If you’re serious about sharpening your skills, it’s time to get your own ball. If you already have one, that’s great, but it’s important not to practice spin with a rented bowling balls. Rented balls are typically plastic and aren’t designed for spin. Once you’ve got your own ball, you will be in much better standing. Spin is important for causing the pins to take more of a blunt force. They even have a higher chance of knocking each other over.
- Place just your fingertips in the holes. You may be used to sliding your entire fingers into the holes of the ball, but it’s important to get out of this habit for putting spin on the ball. Placing just your finger tips in the holes will allow you more control, and it will also allow you to let go of the ball more easily.
- Approach the lane. When you’re doing so, hold the ball with your hand directly beneath the ball and your thumb facing upwards. If you’re not sure exactly how to do it, look around at other experienced bowlers. You’ll see a certain way that they all approach the lane.
- Give a twist before you release the ball. There’s a certain way you must do this, and it takes practice, so don’t get frustrated if you can’t get the hang of it right off the bat. Just before you release the ball, twist your wrist to the left (that is if you’re right-handed). This will cause your hand to be on top of the ball and your thumb will be facing down. It’s the opposite if your left-handed.
- Practice! Incorporating spin into your bowling technique takes time! Don’t get discouraged if you can’t get the hang of it right away. Make sure to practice and watch other bowlers for hints.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.