Spinning Class Benefits
Spinning class benefits are numerous. A regular spinning class is a fun way to change your body shape and greatly increase your fitness level. The benefits reach farther than just your physical body, though; read on to learn all the spinning class benefits.
- Maintain cardiovascular health. A spinning class provides aerobic benefits. The instructor will often ask you to break out of your steady pace and increase your heart rate, which in turn builds your heart muscles.
- Burn calories. A mere 30 minutes on a spinning cycle will burn as much as 500 calories, while longer workouts burn 800 to 1,000 calories. This is not without effort, but doing something for a half an hour that has that big of an impact is a great benefit.
- Control your workout. In a spinning class you can add more resistance to increase your workout, or lower the resistance to allow you to keep up with the class. A spinning class allows you to progress at your own pace without looking out of place.
- Escape. Spinning classes often have training videos of beautiful scenery to escape to as you are riding. This is different than staring at C-Span or Oprah while you run on the gym’s treadmill. Not only does the constantly challenging spinning class allow you to work out at a high intensity, it does so by also allowing you a little fantasy.
- Enjoy low-impact exercise. Spinning keeps the impact off your knees, ankles and feet, giving heavier people, or those in recovery from injuries, a chance to gather the benefits of an intense workout without any stress on their joints.
- Get an abdominal workout. A good spinning instructor will be constantly reminding you to stay in good form. The constant motion and side-to-side action of your abdominals will tone them up without a separate exercise. Since a big spinning class benefit is overall fat loss, eventually the newly-toned abs will be visible.
- Practice group dynamics. Working out in a group keeps you accountable in a subtle way. When you want to give up you can look over and see someone who is really pushing themselves, or spot someone who is struggling. Both scenarios will keep you working towards your goal, either by seeing an inspiration or choosing to be someone else’s inspiration.
- Build mental stamina. Because of the tough workout and set times, another spinning class benefit is the development of the “can do” attitude. Knowing you can accomplish something that is difficult and stick with the spinning class schedule can encourage you to tackle projects with more confidence and gusto.