Spring is a time for breaking out of the shell, everyone put himself or herself in over the winter and there is not a better way to do that than by learning how to make some new spring dessert recipes. Take your new dessert recipes out on the patio and enjoy the spring season.
Put together a strawberry shortcake. Strawberry shortcake is a satisfying spring dessert recipe.
To make strawberry shortcake you will need:
- Shortcake cups
- One pound fresh strawberries
- 1/3 c sugar
- whipped cream
- Cut up and smash strawberries.
- Mix in 1/3 cup of sugar and let sit for an hour in the refrigerator.
- Spoon strawberries over the top of the shortcake cups and top with whipped cream.
Bake a pineapple upside down cake. Eat this spring dessert recipe for dessert or at breakfast with a cup of coffee or tea.
To make pineapple upside down cake you will need:
- 1 can of pineapple rings
- Brown sugar
- 1 jar of marciano cherries
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- Spray bottom of 9×13 inch pan with oil.
- Place pineapple rings along bottom of pan and sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Place one marschino cherry in the middle of each pineapple ring.
- Make cake mix according to package directions and spread over the top of the pineapple rings.
- Bake according to the package directions.
- Let cake cool before turning upside down on a new plate and serving.
Mix up a smoothie. Fresh fruits are one of the best parts of spring so adding them to your dessert menu is welcome after the winter. Use bananas, yogurt, and your favorite fruits to create personalized smoothies for each member of your family.
To make a smoothie you will need:
- Fresh banana
- Your favorite frozen fruits
- 1/8 c yogurt
- Handful of granola
- Place all ingredients but granola into a blender.
- Pulse until all of the fruit makes a smooth mixture.
- Throw in the granola at the end and pulse the blender until granola is evenly distributed but do not over blend.
Prepare some blueberry cupcakes. These are a great spring dessert recipe to take out on the patio with you.
To make blueberry cupcakes you will need:
- 1 box vanilla cupcake mix
- 2 cups of fresh blueberries
- Prepare vanilla cupcake mix according to package directions.
- Fold the two cups of blueberries into the cupcake mix.
- Place in cupcake pans and cook according to the package directions.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
What to Drink on Labor Day
Seven options to see out the summer with style. And by style we mean a cool buzz.
10 Things to Talk About This Weekend
A 99-pack and nine other nuggets of conversational fodder.