Spring Fashion Trends 2010
Like many of this season’s fashion trends, spring fashion trends 2010 started on the runway and made their way onto average people fast. Variations and copycat designs popped up quickly in retail stores, and even those who considered themselves unfashionable ended up wearing spring fashion trend 2010 inspired pieces. Keep reading to learn the hottest spring fashion trends of 2010 and how to pull off some of these looks now.
- Polka dots. One of the biggest spring fashion trends of the 2010 season was polka dots. From big and bold, to small and subdued, all of the large fashion houses were producing polka dotted designs. Fortunately for those who bought polka dotted pieces, the polka dot never seems to go out of style. Rock that polka dotted button up with a pair of khakis and you’ve got a timelessly hip spring look.
- White jackets. Spring 2010 brought back into popularity the white jacket. From khakis to jeans and everything in between, white jackets were a trendy spring fashion trend. Paired with a pair of jeans or khaki capris, a cropped white jacket epitomizes the spring 2010 look that designers were trying to capture.
- Nautical. Spring 2010 made the nautical look fashionable again. From anchor themed embodiery to sailor inspired jackets, the nautical look was a hot spring fashion trend in 2010.
- Horizontal stripe sweater. Horizontal striped sweaters were a spring fashion trend that everyone could take part in. Many styles of horizontal striped sweaters showed up in retail stores shortly after they were seen in the spring 2010 runway shows.
- High necked jackets. The designers at Lacoste made this spring fashion trend 2010 popular. Jackets with high necks replaced those with collars that needed to be flipped up. From windbreakers to blazers, designers began making high necked jackets for men of all shapes and sizes.