St Patty's Day crock pot dishes are a great way to prepare a great Irish inspired meal while taking advantage of the ease of preparation offered in crock pot or slow cooker techniques! The ingredients and instructions for these St. Patrick’s Day crock pot or slow cooker recipes are simple and easy to follow, creating a wonderful slow cooked meal.
1. St. Patrick’s Day Corned Beef and Cabbage is a must have on many Irish family tables. Preparing the corned beef meal in crock pot produces a tender corned beef dish with little effort on the part of the chef.
Corned Beef and Cabbage in the Crock Pot Ingredients:
- 1 (3 to 5 lb) Corned Beef Brisket with Seasoning Packet
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 4 Large Carrots, Peeled and Chopped into 2 Inch Pieces or 2 c. Baby Carrots
- 2 c. Red Potatoes, quartered
- 1 c. Pearl Onions or 1 Medium Yellow Onion, Peeled and Chopped
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 tsp. Dried Thyme Leaves
- 1 Head of Green Cabbage, Cored and Cut into Wedges
- Horseradish sauce (optional )
How to Prepare Corned Beef and Cabbage in the Crock Pot
- Place ingredients into the slow cooker. In slow cooker, place the water, corned beef brisket with liquid from packaging and seasoning packets, vegetables (except cabbage ), bay leaf, and thyme.
- Slow cook the meat and vegetables. Cook on medium heat for 6hours or until the corned beef is fork tender.
- Add cabbage wedges. Add the cabbage wedges to the crock pot and cook for an additional two hours. Remove meat, and vegetables.
- Prepare and serve. Slice the corned beef thinly, across the grain and serve with the vegetables. Serve with a prepared, horseradish sauce if desired. Serve warm.
2. Irish Lamb Stew graces the kitchens of many during St. Patrick’s Day. This slow cooked stew makes a delicious dinner with ease.
Irish Lamb Stew Crock Pot Ingredients:
- 1 lb. thickly sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 lb. boneless lamb shoulder or loin of lamb, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 cups organic vegetable broth or beef stock
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 4 cups chopped carrots
- 3 whole, white potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup Guinness Stout
How to Prepare Irish Lamb Stew in the Crock Pot
- Add Ingredients to slow cooker and cook. Add the ingredients to the crockpot or slow cooker and cook on medium heat for 10 hours.
- Serve the stew. Serve warm with fresh Irish Soda Bread or biscuits.
Despite the health concerns of dieticians, nutritionists and the medical profession who are concerned about calories and ...
You are serious about your grilling. You take pride in your grill, you take care in choosing the type of charcoal you us ...
It’s the time of year to step up your culinary game, and serving proper prime rib is a manly way to impress the whole da ...