Stages Of A Healthy Relationship
Are you curious about the stages of a healthy relationship? The stages of a healthy relationship include preparation, infatuation, illumination, evaluation and maturation. Going through the stages of a healthy relationship can take quite some time, but if you complete all stages, it is very likely that you will end up in a very loving marriage. It is very important that both you and your partner go through the five stages of a healthy relationship.
- Preparation. You need to prepare yourself before you begin seriously dating someone. If you jump right into a long-term relationship, it is very likely that the relationship will prematurely end. During the preparation stage, you should take a look at certain aspects of your life, such as your spiritual, family, intellectual and physical life, and determine how you can improve those aspects of your life. The preparation stage usually takes place during your teen years and should last at least two years.
- Infatuation. Infatuation is the stage where you set your eyes on someone and decide to ask that person out. During the infatuation stage, one on one dates are not recommended. You should go on group dates with the person that you are attracted to so that you can get a feel for how that person reacts to different situations. The infatuation stage of a healthy relationship should last two to five months.
- Illumination. Disagreements are going to occur in any relationship. After you have spent some time with the person that you like on group dates, that person will begin to notice your flaws and vice versa. During the illumination stage, it is important that you address those flaws with the person that you are attracted to so you can see how that person handles conflict resolution. It is best that you get your major arguments out of the way before you form a strong emotional tie to the person you like. The illumination stage typically lasts three to five months.
- Evaluation. During the evaluation stage, you will decide if you want to spend the rest of your life with the person that you are attracted to. There are bound to be differences between you and the person you like, and you will need to decide if you can accept those differences and live with them. The evaluation stage of a healthy relationship should last approximately two to four months.
- Maturation. By the time the maturation stage rolls around, you should have been dating the person that you are attracted to for at least seven months or so. If you reach the maturation stage, it is likely that you have decided to accept the person that you are attracted to and the differences that she brings to your relationship. During the maturation stage, which typically lasts three to four months, you will decide if this is the person that you want to marry, and if so, plans should be made to pursue a marriage.