Staples Return Policy
Do you want to know more about the Staples return policy? If you are not satisfied with an item you purchase at Staples, the store's return policy allows you to bring most items back for any reason at any time. To receive a refund, you must have a sales receipt, as well as the original packaging and all original parts for the item that you want to return. Read on for additional information about the Staples return policy:
- If you made a purchase using cash, debit card, or check, your refund will be in cash. If you purchased the item on Staples online, or if your purchase cost more than $500, you will receive a check. Credit card purchases will be credited back to your card.
- If you want to return an opened software title, it can only be exchanged for the same title. Sealed software can be returned at any time, as long as it is a title that the store currently carries.
- Business machines and technology must be returned within 14 days of purchase. You must have a receipt to return these items.
- Furniture must be returned within 14 days of purchase with a receipt. Custom-ordered or custom-built furniture is not returnable unless it is defective.
- Ink and toner cartridges may be returned at any time for a full refund. However, per the Staples return policy, these items must be unopened, unexpired, and currently sold in Staples stores.
- Gift cards and phone cards are nonrefundable and not returnable. You may not turn in these items in exchange for cash.