To list all "Star Wars" characters A-Z would take volumes, but these are some of the most popular characters from the six films, from "Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace" through "Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi."
- Padme Amidala Amidala was elected Queen of Naboo at age fourteen. She is the secret wife of Anakin Skywalker and the mother of twins Luke and Leia.
- C-3PO A protocol droid built by a young Anakin Skywalker, C-3PO went on to be the constant companion of astromech droid R2-D2 in all six "Star Wars" films.
- Lando Calrissian Scoundrel-turned-Rebel-hero, Calrissian was the original owner of the Millennium Falcon, which he lost to Han Solo in a game of sabacc. He would play key roles in the capture of Solo by Boba Fett and Darth Vader, the rescue of Solo and the destruction of the second Death Star.
- Chewbacca Loyal companion of Solo, the Wookiee turned out to be a Clone War veteran who helped Jedi Master Yoda escape the mass Jedi assassination in "Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith."
- Boba Fett The Mandalorian bounty hunter who hunted Solo and the Falcon for Darth Vader, Fett became a cult hero in the "Star Wars" universe.
- Jabba the Hutt A Tatooine gangster to whom Solo owed a great deal of credits, Jabba was gifted with a carbonite wall hanging of Solo by Fett. When Solo's friends came to Jabba's palace to rescue him, the crimelord lost his life at the hands of Princess Leia.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi A Jedi and hero of the Clone Wars, Kenobi was Anakin Skywalker's master and one of only a few Jedi to survive the mass assassination. When Skywalker turned to the Dark Side as Darth Vader, Kenobi hid the Skywalker twins, Luke and Leia, after their mother's death.
- Princess Leia Organa Daughter of Anakin and Amidala, twin sister of Luke, Leia did not find out her true heritage until "Star Wars: Return of the Jedi."
- Palpatine/Darth Sidious A Senator of Naboo with a well-hidden secret: he was a Sith lord with a plan to take over the galaxy. Sidious was master to Darth Maul, Darth Tyranus and Darth Vader.
- R2-D2 An astromech droid that once belonged to Amidala, R2-D2 went on countless adventures with his constant companion C-3PO and became an integral part of the Rebellion.
- Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader A hero of the Clone Wars, the "Chosen One" fell under the influence of Darth Sidious and went on to a life of villainy as Darth Vader.
- Luke Skywalker Hidden from Vader at birth, Luke was raised by his aunt and uncle on Tatooine under the watchful eye of Kenobi. When Luke was of age and started asking questions about his heritage, Kenobi began his Jedi training.
- Han Solo A gambler, smuggler and scoundrel, Solo went on to be a hero of the Rebellion, playing a pivotal role in the Battle of Endor and the destruction of both Death Stars.
- Yoda The extraordinary Jedi Master Yoda was a member of the Jedi Council and was a general in the Clone Wars. He was saved by the Wookiees during the mass Jedi assassination and ended up on Dagobah, where he trained Luke during "Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back."
Sansweet, Stephen, et al. (2008). "The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia."
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.