Reading about this "Star Wars" imperial officer costume and wondering how to make this awesome outfit? The imperial officers costumes were used in the original three "Star Wars" films. You’ll look perfect in your own homemade imperial officer get up.
To make your imperial officer costume, you’ll need the following items:
- Black short brimmed baseball cap
- Black double-breasted jacket
- Black fitted, straight-legged pants
- Knee-high, low-heeled black leather boots
- Black leather belt with rectangular silver buckle
- Black Velcro fasteners that have adhesive on them
- Box cutter knife
- Acrylic paints in red, blue and silver
- Black marker
- Two metal pin backs
- Super glue
- Find an image of a "Star Wars" imperial officer costume on the internet. Print out the image in color, so you can refer to it as you make your outfit.
- Make the chest insignia. Cut a rectangle of cardboard that is three-inches by ½-inch. Draw straight vertical lines to divide the cardboard into ½-inch sections.
- Use the paintbrush to paint two of the sections red and three of them blue. Use the marker and ruler to define the six sections on the chest insignia.
- Glue the pin back to the chest insignia using the super glue.
- Make the hat insignia. Cut a 1 ½-inch diameter circle from the cardboard. Refer to the picture of the "Star Wars" imperial officer uniform as you paint the hat insignia. Use the black marker to draw in details.
- Glue the pin back to the hat insignia using the super glue. Pin the hat insignia to the center front of the hat above the brim.
- Take off the buttons from the black double breasted jacket. Put on the jacket. Turn the lapels and collar up. Apply the Velcro fasteners on the jacket, so it closes all the way across the chest.
- Pin the chest insignia to the left upper chest of the jacket.
- Turn down the collar of the jacket by folding the collar inside. Adjust the height of the collar to match the imperial officer costume picture.
- Put on your costume. Wear your pants tucked into your boots. Put on the belt at your waist, right over the jacket. Put on the hat. You now look foreboding and futuristic as a "Star Wars" imperial officer.
As you’re working on the costume, be sure to keep looking back at the picture of the uniform. Don’t fret if your costume doesn’t look exactly like the uniform. Darth Vader would be proud of you.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.