Learning how to start a Greco Roman wrestling workout can be tough. There is not a lot of information out there on this style of wrestling. While freestyle wrestling training tips can be used, it is better to train particularly for the Greco Roman wrestling style. The ban against holds below the waist requires a different stratgedy and training methodology. Use the tips below to design your own starting Greco Roman wrestling workout.
- Conditioning. Condition is very important in Greco Roman wrestling. Your goal should have higher endurance than your opponent. Even a stronger, quicker opponent can be beaten if you outlast him. Exercises like running or jumping rope can increase your endurance. Aim for 10 minutes of rope jumping and a two-mile run in under 15 minutes.
- Flexibility. Greco Roman wrestling requires great flexibility. Remember to stretch out your upper an lower body before starting your weight lifting. Try to hit all of our major muscle groups. Especially concentrate on your upper body, neck and shoulders. Your stretching routine should last at least ten minutes.
- Weight lifting. A strong, powerful upper body and neck are essential for successful wrestling. But don't forget your lower body. Design a weight lifting program that is balanced, but be sure to spend time on building the muscles of your neck and shoulders. These will be important in your wrestling career. Sets should be completed quickly with very brief rest periods. Remember to always lift with a partner and to take it slow at first, especially if you are new to weight lifting. Your weight lifting should around 40 minutes.
- Explosive power. Greco Roman wrestling workouts should help you develop the explosive power that is required for the sport. Wind sprints, squats and jumps and other high energy, short time exercises are ideal for gaining explosive power.
- Nutrition. Proper nutrition is very important. Junk in, junk out. Eat well and eat enough. Training for Greco Roman wrestling will take a lot out of you. It is important you put it back in. Any low fat and high protein diet is suitable. Make sure you get your vitamins.
- Rest and repair. Greco Roman training can become addictive. When you start to see results from your workouts, you will want to train longer and harder. Make sure that you give your body enough time to heal. Any injury now can ruin your chances of competing. Listen to your body and never try to 'man up' and work out with an injury, no matter what anyone says.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
You might be little spoon or perhaps a Belieber. Or, if you’re lucky, one popular country star.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
15 Types of Tattoos Worth the Newfound Health Risks
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.