What kind of questions do you need to ask about STD tests? You may have a Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD) without knowing it. Some STDs have symptoms that don’t appear for several years. Here are ten questions you need to ask about STD tests.
- What STD symptoms should I look for? If there are symptoms, they may include genital sores and unusual discharge from the penis.
- Should I get tested for an STD? You should get tested if you have had unprotected sex—even if you don’t have any symptoms.
- Where can I get tested for an STD? You can get tested for STDs at your local public or private clinic.
- Do doctors automatically do STD tests during a physical exam? STD tests are easy to get, but doctors don’t always test for STDs unless you ask for them.
- Are there different tests for different STDs? Yes, there are. Talk to your health care provider to learn about which STD tests you should take.
- Should my partner get tested for STDs? If you think you may have been exposed to an infection, both you and your partner should get tested.
- How are STD tests done? It depends on which infection you may have. You could get a physical exam, or a blood sample, urine sample, discharge, cell, tissue, or saliva sample may be taken.
- How soon is treatment prescribed? Once you have taken a STD test, sometimes treatment is prescribed right away and sometimes your physician will need to send samples to a lab. If the results come back positive and a treatment is prescribed, you should start the treatment immediately.
- Which STDs will I be tested for? You may be tested for any of the following: HIV/AIDS, genital warts, Hepatitis B, Herpes, Intestinal Parasites, Molluscum Contagiosum, Pubic Lice, Scabies, and Syphilis, among others.
- How much does a STD test cost? An STD test can cost anywhere from $49 to $229.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.