What kind of questions do you need to ask about STD tests? You may have a Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD) without knowing it. Some STDs have symptoms that don’t appear for several years. Here are ten questions you need to ask about STD tests.
- What STD symptoms should I look for? If there are symptoms, they may include genital sores and unusual discharge from the penis.
- Should I get tested for an STD? You should get tested if you have had unprotected sex—even if you don’t have any symptoms.
- Where can I get tested for an STD? You can get tested for STDs at your local public or private clinic.
- Do doctors automatically do STD tests during a physical exam? STD tests are easy to get, but doctors don’t always test for STDs unless you ask for them.
- Are there different tests for different STDs? Yes, there are. Talk to your health care provider to learn about which STD tests you should take.
- Should my partner get tested for STDs? If you think you may have been exposed to an infection, both you and your partner should get tested.
- How are STD tests done? It depends on which infection you may have. You could get a physical exam, or a blood sample, urine sample, discharge, cell, tissue, or saliva sample may be taken.
- How soon is treatment prescribed? Once you have taken a STD test, sometimes treatment is prescribed right away and sometimes your physician will need to send samples to a lab. If the results come back positive and a treatment is prescribed, you should start the treatment immediately.
- Which STDs will I be tested for? You may be tested for any of the following: HIV/AIDS, genital warts, Hepatitis B, Herpes, Intestinal Parasites, Molluscum Contagiosum, Pubic Lice, Scabies, and Syphilis, among others.
- How much does a STD test cost? An STD test can cost anywhere from $49 to $229.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …