What kind of questions do you need to ask about STD tests? You may have a Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD) without knowing it. Some STDs have symptoms that don’t appear for several years. Here are ten questions you need to ask about STD tests.
- What STD symptoms should I look for? If there are symptoms, they may include genital sores and unusual discharge from the penis.
- Should I get tested for an STD? You should get tested if you have had unprotected sex—even if you don’t have any symptoms.
- Where can I get tested for an STD? You can get tested for STDs at your local public or private clinic.
- Do doctors automatically do STD tests during a physical exam? STD tests are easy to get, but doctors don’t always test for STDs unless you ask for them.
- Are there different tests for different STDs? Yes, there are. Talk to your health care provider to learn about which STD tests you should take.
- Should my partner get tested for STDs? If you think you may have been exposed to an infection, both you and your partner should get tested.
- How are STD tests done? It depends on which infection you may have. You could get a physical exam, or a blood sample, urine sample, discharge, cell, tissue, or saliva sample may be taken.
- How soon is treatment prescribed? Once you have taken a STD test, sometimes treatment is prescribed right away and sometimes your physician will need to send samples to a lab. If the results come back positive and a treatment is prescribed, you should start the treatment immediately.
- Which STDs will I be tested for? You may be tested for any of the following: HIV/AIDS, genital warts, Hepatitis B, Herpes, Intestinal Parasites, Molluscum Contagiosum, Pubic Lice, Scabies, and Syphilis, among others.
- How much does a STD test cost? An STD test can cost anywhere from $49 to $229.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.