Steak Marinades For Grilling
Knowing a few good steak marinades for grilling will make your neighbors drool when the scent wafts over the fence..unless of course they are vegans. In reality, a good cut of meat does not need much more than salt and pepper. But a tough hunk of meat bought on sale can be transformed into a thing of beauty with a little help from a steak marinade.
- 1 Bottle of Italian salad dressing
- 2 tbsp. of ketchup
- 2 tbsp. of soy sauce
- Olive oil
- Easy. One of the easiest steak marinades ever. Pour enough Italian salad dressing into a Ziploc bag or bowl to cover the steak.
- Sauce. Now add two tablespoons of ketchup and soy sauce. Stir this together and marinade the steak for one hour.
- Grill it up. When it is done, drizzle a little olive oil over the cooked meat.
- Equal amounts of lime juice, cooking oil and Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 tsp. of cumin
- Salt and pepper
- Ziploc. Like any steak marinade recipe, you only need enough marinade to just barely cover the meat. So pour equal amounts of lime juice, cooking oil and Worcestershire sauce in a Ziploc and add the steak.
- Crush. Now peel and crush two cloves of garlic into the marinade and add a half to one teaspoon of cumin. Shake this up and let it sit for an hour or two in the fridge.
- Grill. Salt and pepper is best applied to this steak marinade while you start grilling. S season the steak as you cook it.
Korean Steak Marinade
- 2 pounds of steak
- 1 white onion
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup of soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. of cooking oil
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of sake or beer
- 2 tbsp. of sesame seeds
- Chop. This steak marinade needs a little more work but is by far the tastiest. Chop up your onion, crush the garlic and add them plus all the other ingredients into a Ziploc bag.
- Slice. Slice up the steak into strips and add to the marinade. Let it marinade for 45 minutes to one hour.
- Grill. This steak marinade for grilling cooks fast because the meat is sliced. So cook it over medium high heat and keep an eye on it.