Stockholm Street Style: 10 Tips
Here are 10 tips for Stockholm street style. Stockholm has its fair share of amazing street style. However, they are different from the Italians and the French in that their style has a sense of playfulness and irony behind it. It's a unique style that takes a personality to really rock. Here are some helpful hints on how to capture that Stockholm street style.
- Quirky Hats. Anyone can find stylish clothes, but hats really help to complete an outfit. Skip the traditional baseball hat and opt for something felt with some structure as well.
- Bolo Ties. Men in Stockholm are not afraid to wear an excess amount of man jewelry. However, if you are a little wary of this trend, opt for a masculine bolo tie. You can even leave them loose and layer them, for a real street style look.
- Vest. Want to add something interesting under your pea coat? Try a vest! Unusual buttons, double breasted, and embroidery have all been seen on those street style walkers of Stockholm.
- Chunky Scarf. A chunky scarf is the best of both worlds: functional and fashionable. It adds a little style to a plain t-shirt and jeans, and keeps your neck warm during those cold winters.
- Acid Wash Jeans. The 80s trend is huge in Stockholm. Because of this, acid wash denim is making a comeback. For a toned down version of this look, try black or gray acid wash jeans.
- Work Boots. Instead of the traditional dress shoe, clunky work boots are in style on the street scene in Stockholm. They look great with a pair of slim fitting jeans!
- Shoulder Bag. There is no way around it. The man purse trend is coming. In Stockholm, a masculine version of the man purse has been seen, simple brown leather, with a cross strap.
- Plaid Shirt. A basic plaid shirt is a style staple in Stockholm. Plus, it is infinitely versatile. Pairing it with a blazer of a complementing color would be an especially interesting look.
- Punk Accessories. Stockholm is an extremely diverse city. There is also somewhat of a punk influence there. To capture that style, toss on a worn t-shirt or some pins.
- Shorts. Shorts are common in Stockholm, like most cities. However, shorts are used with more versatility there. For a Stockholm look, pair some shorts with a blazer and a button down shirt, for a twist on a dressy look.