Street Food Trucks on Twitter
Street food trucks on Twitter are the newest way to find something to eat on a whim. These food trucks post a location, and people flock to fill up on a meal.
- @dosatruck - After growing up eating street food in New York City, this street food truck owner decided to start a business of his own. This truck is located in Los Angeles and sells South Indian street food. The Twitter feed advertises deals, locations, and other activities related to Indian culture.
- @green_truck - According to their bio, this is an "Organic , vegan-friendly mobile food, and production catering" food truck. The Green Truck offers vegan burgers, falafels, fries, and more. Their Twitter feed announces news, locations, and occassionaly interacts with followers. The Green Truck drives around both Los Angeles and New York City.
- @sprinklesmobile - After grabbing vegan and Indian food in Los Angeles, look out for this dessert truck, selling cupcakes. Although they have locations all over the United States, this is the only mobile food stand that they operate. Their twitter feed advertises where they will be in Los Angeles.
- @rickshawtruck - Located in New York City, this food truck offers dumplings to its customers. They sell an assortment of dumplings with different meats and seafoods. They have one vegan dumpling filled with edamame, and even a dessert dumpling filled with chocolate. The Twitter feed interacts with followers and advertises their locations.
- @waffletruck - This truck sells Belgian style waffles and dinges (Belgian for toppings). Dinges range from strawberries to walnuts to nutella. A WMD is a waffle with any number of toppings. The truck is located in New York City and the Twitter feed interacts with followers and tweets its location.
- @biggayicecream - This truck is owned by a gay and happy guy named Doug. Toppings for the ice cream include anything from ground wasabi, to caramelized bacon, to simply sprinkles. The truck is located in New York City, almost always in Union Square. The Twitter feed interacts with followers a lot.
- @elporteno - This is a food truck that specializes in empanandas in San Francisco. They sell beef, chicken, and vegetarian empanadas. Their Twitter feed interacts with followers, tweets out links, and announces locations.
- @cremebruleecart - Located in San Francisco, this food truck sells creme brulee. Their marketing comes directly out of their Twitter feed, announcing not only the location, but also the featured flavors for the day. The feed also posts pictures, retweets messages, and interacts with followers.
- @sexysoupcart - Nutritionist by day, food cart operator by night, this San Francisco-based food truck sells organic soup straight from the farmer's market. The Twitter feed announces updates, locations, and interacts with fans.
Posted on: Apr. 28, 2010