Street Style: 10 Tips
These street style: ten tips should appear natural. It should be comfortable and effortless. It should also be risque and groundbreaking. Street style incorporates various aspects of fashion, merging them all into one definitive look. Below are ten easy tips to achieve a chic urban style.
- Wear white v-knecks. They are comfortable , affordable, stylish and timeless. A crisp, new, white v-neck shirt can be dressed up or down.
- Get Converse. The classic shoe, also referred to as the Chuck Taylor, is the ultimate street sneaker. Every hipster and urban dweller should have a pair.
- Find your fragrance. Smelling delicious is a vital part of any style. Fragrances boost confidence and swagger. After all, street style is all about having swagger.
- Mix and match. Don't wear fashion trends from head to toe! It isn't chic nor stylish. Wear pieces that are inspired by different eras, styles and cultures. Street style is all about diversity.
- Incorporate trends that flatter your body type. Skinny jeans are sexy and fierce... on someone who can fit inside a pair. Women have different body types; not every style is going to be flattering. Become what Glamour Magazine calls a "trendoid." Shop on a mission for affordable, new pieces.
- Be versatile. Street style should take you from day tonight. A busy city girl isn't going to have time to change her entire ensemble before she hits the scene after work. Wear pieces that work in multiple settings.
- Study fashion. Stay in the know about various trends, styles and collections. Continue to learn and expand your personal style. GQ, Elle and Vogue are great sources.
- Men, get a pair of Levis. Dark boot cut Levis can make any guy look good. It's a classic cut and style that appears to be here to stay. Stay away from "busy" denim. Buy a comfortable pair of jeans that will stay in style for a long time.
- Don't be afraid of jewelry. The right watch or chain can complete a look. Wear crosses, dog tags and custom jewelry to achieve street style. Wear clunky bold jewelry that makes a statement.
- Wear color. Don't be afraid to wear orange, purple, green or red. Take color risks to achieve a unique street style. Basic blacks and blues have their place but be bold! Spice up any black ensemble with splashes of neon or metallic.