A list of strengths and weaknesses examples for interviews can help prepare you when you go in search of the perfect job opportunity. It's likely an employer will ask you to discuss these attributes in an effort to determine how you evaluate yourself. Understanding your strengths and weaknesses can help you present yourself to an employer in a positive light, which may give you the edge you need to secure your dream job.
- "I have good leadership qualities." Many employers enjoy having employees that can take charge of their surroundings, as long as they do it in a positive way. Employees who have good leadership skills often require less supervision, which can be an asset to a prospective employer because less time will be wasted supervising and can be devoted elsewhere. This can also signify your communication skills are good, which is always a plus.
- "I have strong organizational skills" This is always a winning strength. Employers know that disorganized employees often have sloppy work habits. Stating that you have good organizational skills can also help a prospective employer see you as hardworking rather than lazy.
- "I'm ambitious." Being ambitious tells a prospective employer that you are willing to do whatever it takes to get a job done and to move ahead in the company. This is a strength you should consider including during your interviews.
- "I have a positive outlook on life." Being positive about life in general can translate into a worker who is happier. Being positive is a strength that can look appealing to prospective employers.
- "I understand boundaries and have a strong work ethic." Many companies suffer from employees who spend time gossiping or engaging in activities in the workplace that can affect the overall quality of the job. Stating your strong work ethic and your understanding of boundaries can show a prospective employee that you are not likely to get involved in negative workplace behavior.
- "I have no weaknesses." An answer like this signifies you aren't being very honest or you have a difficult time judging areas where you need work. This is itself is a weakness. Most employers know everyone has some type of flaw. Don't be afraid that admitting a weakness will disqualify you from a job. Honesty can be appreciated by most would-be employers.
- "I struggle to keep my patience if I am not able to complete a task adequately." Here you're stating that you struggle to keep your patience. You aren't saying you lose patience. There is a difference in the phrasing. This is a weakness many people have, but by presenting it in this light, you're letting the prospective employer know that you have learned to recognize and control this weakness. It also shows that you take completing projects seriously.
- "I'm a workaholic." Be careful with this one. It is often misused as a strength, when it can, in fact, be a weakness. Devoting too much time to work and not enough time to other areas of you life can have a negative effect on your job. This is definitely a weakness, but be sure to let your would-be employer that you are working on finding a balance.
- "I'm over friendly." This is a weakness that actually can appear as a positive in the eyes of the person considering hiring you.
- "I can be too focused." This is another weakness that can be taken as a positive by a prospective employer. Being "too focused" on the job can be a plus in some companies, but it can be considered as a weakness as well, allowing you to give something to the employer that might work in your favor.
Typically during a job interview, you should only give one or two weak points. Focus on your strengths. Be careful not to point out a weakness that could cost you the job, though.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.