Stuffing Recipes For Thanksgiving
Every fall individuals begin to contemplate over stuffing recipes for Thanksgiving. The best stuffing recipes incorporate different flavors, colors and textures. These contributing factors will lead to a flavorful and robust stuffing, great for every turkey.
To make hazelnut stuffing, you will need the following.
- 5 cups of diced bread
- 1 ½ cups of chopped toasted hazelnuts
- 1 cup of celery, chopped
- ½ cup of mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup of chicken broth
- ¼ cup of onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 tablespoons of butter
1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- Brown the vegetables and herbs. Use a nice size skillet to make this thanksgiving stuffing. Place the butter in the skillet and put it on medium heat. Add the celery, mushrooms, onions, garlic, and thyme in the skillet. Cook and stir it regularly. Cook until the celery becomes tender.
- Mix the stuffing. Add the chicken broth to the skillet. Allow this mixture to simmer. Once the mixture has begun to simmer, add in the bread and hazelnuts. Mix the stuffing together. Cover the thanksgiving stuffing and allow it to sit for five minutes.
- Bake. Spoon the stuffing mixture into a greased baking dish. Bake the stuffing for 35 minutes at 350 degrees.
Harvest Apple Stuffing
To make harvest apple stuffing, you will need the following.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- ½ cup of apple juice
- 1 cup of carrots, shredded
- 1 cup of celery, chopped
- ½ cup of onion, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon of nutmeg
- 8 cups of cornbread dry cubes
- 2 cups of apple, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup of walnuts, chopped
- ¼ cup of wheat germ, toasted
- 1 cup of chicken broth, defatted
- Prepare to make stuffing. At this time you will need to preheat your oven to 350 degrees. You should also coat a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. The last part of prepping for your stuffing is to lightly coat a three to four quart casserole dish with nonstick spray.
- Cook the vegetables. Place your coated skillet over medium heat. Add in the apple juice, carrots, celery, and onion. Cook them until they become tender. Stir in the nutmeg and remove it from the heat.
- Mix the stuffing. Place the cornbread cubes, apple, wheat germ, and walnuts into the casserole dish. Lightly toss while adding in the onion mixture. Slow drizzle enough broth over the stuffing until it becomes moist.
- Cook the stuffing. Place your stuffing in the oven for 35 minutes. Remove the stuffing from the oven and serve with your thanksgiving dinner.
Cranberry Pecan Stuffing
To make cranberry pecan stuffing, you will need the following.
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or hazelnuts
- 1 teaspoon dried sage, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 6 cups dry bread cubes
- Saute celery and onion. Use a saucepan to saute the celery and onion using the butter or margarine. Remove the pan from the heat and add in the sage, thyme, and pepper. Stir everything together very well.
- Mix Thanksgiving stuffing. To mix your stuffing you need a large bowl. Put the dry bread cubes, celery mixture, cranberries, pecans, and chicken broth. Toss so that all the ingredients are moistened.
- Bake. This stuffing should be baked covered in a casserole dish at 325 degrees. This stuffing is also great for a six to eight pound turkey. If baked in a turkey the stuffing is ready when the internal temperature is 165 degrees Fahrenheit.