Knowing how to perform a stye treatment is a beneficial skill. This infection located within the eye area is ugly but not a serious ailment. The swollen nodule is painful therefore learning a good stye treatment is advantageous.
To treat stye, you will need:
- Warm water
- Clean wash cloth
- Hand soap
- Tea bag (any type)
- 1 Teaspoon of ground turmeric
- Sieve or cheesecloth
- Eye dropper
- Small container
- Add warmth. Obtain a clean cloth to warm under tepid water as part of stye treatment. Apply the cloth to the eye intrusion for three to five minutes several times a day. Heating the area will help the stye to open and begin to drain.
- Avoid agitation. Stye treatment includes not rubbing the location around the eye. Washing hands frequently will help to not the spread the bacterial infection to the other eye.
- Use a natural product. Wet a tea bag in warm water to use as stye treatment. Pressing the tea bag on the injury will use tannic, a natural acid, to shrink the size.
- Try herbal drops. Boil turmeric and two cups of water in a small pan to treat stye. Drain the mixture to remove solid particles and place liquid in small container. Use a dropper to place liquid in eyes twice a day. Turmeric is an herb used in Ayurvedic medicine.
- Repetition. Continue the stye treatment directions above to assist the injury opening and draining the pus. The pain should be relieved after the pus is removed.