This substitute for baking powder is very easy and convenient to make when you have none immediately. Baking powder is essential for causing the batter of rise of baked goods such as muffins, cakes and scones as well as lightening the texture. Baking powder substitute is quicker than yeast and can be easily with cupboard ingredients when if you don’t have a can on hand. Bake to perfection by adhering to the following instructions.
To make a substitute for baking powder, you will need:
- Measuring spoons
- Cream of Tartar
- Baking Soda
- A small mixing container
- Measure out a teaspoon of baking soda. If the baking soda powder can doesn’t come with a built-in edge for leveling, smooth away any excess off the top with the edge of a knife or spatula.
- Measure out 2 teaspoons of cream of tartar. Smooth away any excess off the top with the edge of a knife or spatula.
- Combine both in a small mixing container. Seal the container with a lid and shake vigorously to mix the baking soda and cream of tartar well. If you don’t have a lid, sift through the mixture with a fork or spoon for a few seconds.
- Label the baking powder substitute mixture and store it in a cool, dry area. When a recipe calls for it, use ¾ of a teaspoon of the mixture. The food chemistry rule is 1 to 1 1/4 teaspoons of baking powder or your substitute per 1 cup flour.
- If you don’t have any cream of tartar, use these additional substitutes. To accompany to the ¼ teaspoon of baking soda, you can use half a cup of either sour cream, yogurt, molasses or buttermilk to substitute for baking powder.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …