Knowing how to make sugar cookies from scratch is a great skill to develop. People that like to bake or eat homemade treats know that it is better than the mass-produced stuff. The task is not difficult and can be achieved by the novice baker. Read on to learn to make sugar cookies from scratch.
To make sugar cookies, you will need:
- 3 sticks of butter
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 1/2 c. flour
- 1/2 tsps salt
- Plastic wrap
- Mixing bowl
- Wire wisk
- Blender (optional)
- Rolling pin
- Cookie cutters
- Begin recipe. Place butter in a small bowl and place in microwave to soften it for a few seconds (ten to fifteen). An important part of making sugar cookies from scratch is to put melted butter and sugar in a bowl, then stir until you get a fluffy mass.
- Add more ingredients. Blend in egg and vanilla extract with a wire wisk. Add the flour and salt as the last ingredient and mix well. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and put in refrigerator to chill for 45 minutes.
- Bake preparation. Turn the oven to 350 degrees and let it warm-up while performing the next step of cooking sugar cookies. Separate the cold mixture into two parts and use a rolling pin to flatten it. Flour may be used to keep the dough from sticking to the roller.
- Cooking time. Utilize the cookie cutters to stamp out cookie shapes and place on a cookie sheet. Continue preparing sugar cookiesby placing the cookie sheet in the oven for eight to ten minutes.
- Last direction. Remove the cookies from the oven when the edges turn a slightly brown color and let cool. Place the remaining cookie shapes in the oven and bake.
That was it! You have completed the task of making sugar cookies from scratch. Enjoy your delicious labor and give out to friends!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Remember when Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman made all that noise—and news—before the Super Bowl? We had the story long before the season even started, trailing him all over Se ...