Sugar Free Eggnog Recipe
With the right sugar-free eggnog recipe, you can enjoy a traditional holiday drink without feeling guilty. Whether you are a diabetic who is watching his sugar intake or simply on a diet and eating healthy, finding sugar-free recipes for your favorite holiday indulgences is always a treat. Eggnog isn't normally considered the healthiest of drinks. Yet once a year, despite its high fat and sugar content, it becomes one of the most popular drinks of the season. Learning to make a sugar-free eggnog will certainly be a hit and in demand by anyone who is conscious of their health.
To make sugar-free eggnog, you will need:
- 4 cups skim milk (soy milk can be used as a substitute)
- 1 cup of egg substitute
- 1/4 cup artificial sweetener
- 3 tablespoons sugar-free instant vanilla pudding
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon of rum-flavored extract
- Mix the ingredients. The first step in your sugar-free eggnog recipe is to pour the milk into a blender and add the cup of egg substitute. Following that, add the artificial sweetener, vanilla pudding, nutmeg and rum extract. If desired, a pinch of cinnamon can be added to the mixture in the blender.
- Blend the ingredients. For approximately 40 seconds, combine all of the ingredients in the blender. After 40 seconds, if the ingredients do not appear completely mixed, continue to blend until fully combined and smooth.
- Chill for several hours. Don't serve your newly created sugar-free eggnog immediately. Allow the mixture to chill covered in the refrigerator for several hours before serving in mugs or decorative holiday glasses.