Sugar-free Rhubarb Jelly recipes are generally made with another fruit such as strawberries or raspberries. Any rhubarb jam or jelly recipe can be used to make Sugar-free Rhubarb Jelly by substituting sorghum for sugar. When substituting sorghum, use ½ the amount in place of the sugar. One cup of sugar in a recipe will use ½ cup sorghum to make the jam or jelly sugar-free.
Ingredients for Sugar-free Rhubarb Jelly:
- 4 cups crushed strawberries
- 2 cups chopped rhubarb
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 package powdered pectin
- 2 ¾ cup sorghum
Procedures for making Sugar-free Rhubarb Jelly:
- Combine strawberries, rhubarb, lemon juice and pectin in a large stockpot. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly to prevent scorching.
- Add sorghum and stir until dissolved. Boil the Sugar-free Rhubarb Jelly for one or two minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat. Skim off foam if necessary. Pour the Sugar-free Rhubarb Jelly into canning jars and process in a boiling water canner for ten minutes.
Sugar-free Rhubarb Raspberry Jam:
- 12 ounces sliced rhubarb
- 2 cups sorghum
- 12 ounces raspberries
- 1 3-ounce package sugar-free raspberry-flavored gelatin
Procedure for making sugar-free Rhubarb-Raspberry Jam:
- Combine rhubarb and sorghum in a large pot. Allow to set for fifteen to twenty minutes until sorghum is absorbed by the rhubarb.
- Bring just to a boil. Allow to boil for five to ten minutes.
- Add raspberries. Stir and boil until five minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat and add gelatin. Stir well until gelatin is dissolved.
- Place in storage containers. Allow to sit at room temperature until cooled and set.
- Store refrigerated. May be stored in the refrigerator for longer storage.
window.parent.CKEDITOR._[“contentDomReadybody”]( window );