Sugar-free Rhubarb Jelly recipes are generally made with another fruit such as strawberries or raspberries. Any rhubarb jam or jelly recipe can be used to make Sugar-free Rhubarb Jelly by substituting sorghum for sugar. When substituting sorghum, use ½ the amount in place of the sugar. One cup of sugar in a recipe will use ½ cup sorghum to make the jam or jelly sugar-free.
Ingredients for Sugar-free Rhubarb Jelly:
- 4 cups crushed strawberries
- 2 cups chopped rhubarb
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 package powdered pectin
- 2 ¾ cup sorghum
Procedures for making Sugar-free Rhubarb Jelly:
- Combine strawberries, rhubarb, lemon juice and pectin in a large stockpot. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly to prevent scorching.
- Add sorghum and stir until dissolved. Boil the Sugar-free Rhubarb Jelly for one or two minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat. Skim off foam if necessary. Pour the Sugar-free Rhubarb Jelly into canning jars and process in a boiling water canner for ten minutes.
Sugar-free Rhubarb Raspberry Jam:
- 12 ounces sliced rhubarb
- 2 cups sorghum
- 12 ounces raspberries
- 1 3-ounce package sugar-free raspberry-flavored gelatin
Procedure for making sugar-free Rhubarb-Raspberry Jam:
- Combine rhubarb and sorghum in a large pot. Allow to set for fifteen to twenty minutes until sorghum is absorbed by the rhubarb.
- Bring just to a boil. Allow to boil for five to ten minutes.
- Add raspberries. Stir and boil until five minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat and add gelatin. Stir well until gelatin is dissolved.
- Place in storage containers. Allow to sit at room temperature until cooled and set.
- Store refrigerated. May be stored in the refrigerator for longer storage.
window.parent.CKEDITOR._[“contentDomReadybody”]( window );
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Shirts Women Simply Can’t Resist—and Why
From Ts to button-downs and beyond, these must-haves will get her everlovin’ attention.
Beware These Telltale Signs Your Woman Is a Gold Digger
Now we ain’t sayin’ she is... but here are some clues.
Why Your Wife May Be Unhappy in Your Marriage and How it Can...
Don't shoot the messenger. This is what science says.