Sugar Free Thanksgiving Brownies Recipe
Whether you are diabetic or simply trying to lose weight, having a sugar free diet can be extremely difficult around the holiday season. It is hard enough to get through all of the tempting Halloween candy in October, but the many tasty dishes and desserts served up at Thanksgiving can be nearly irresistible. To satisfy your sweet tooth without any sugar, try this recipe for sugar free brownies at your next Thanksgiving get together.
- 3 tbsp unsweetened apple juice concentrate
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 c cocoa powder
- 2 c whole wheat flour
- 1 1/3 c unsweetened apple juice concentrate
- 1/2 c vegetable oil
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 egg white
- 1/3 c chopped walnuts (optional, but delicious)
How to Make Sugar Free Brownies
- If using walnuts, soak in 3 tablespoons of unsweetened apple juice concentrate
- Sift all dry ingredients into a bowl and mix. In a separate bowl, combine 1 1/3 cups unsweetened apple juice concentrate, mashed banana, one egg white and 1/2 cup of vegetable oil. Add these to the dry ingredients and mix well until moist.
- Spread into a pan that has been lined with parchment paper or sprayed with cooking spray. A parchment paper lining will make for easier removal. Sprinkle walnuts over top if desired.
- Bake for 30 minutes in a 350 degree F oven. Cut and place in an airtight container for storage.
This recipe is so delicious that no one will even realize that they are sugar free. Enjoy your healthy indulgence this holiday season.