Have you been looking for a good sugar-free, wheat-free, low-carb chocolate chip cookie recipe? Then look no further! Bake a batch of these cookies today and enjoy their chocolatey goodness:
What you'll need:
- 2 1/2 cups of almond flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 10 Tbsp melted butter
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup of malitol syrup or 1/2 cup of agave nectar depending upon your preference (see Health Notes)
- 1 cup of sugar free, low-carb dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 mixing bowls
- cookie sheet
- Mix the dry ingredients. Mix the almond flour, salt and baking soda together in a large bowl. Almond flour is a good wheat-free, sugar-free, low-carb alternative to regular flour.
- Mix the wet ingredients. Mix the melted butter, vanilla extract and malitol syrup or agave nectar in another bowl.
- More mixing. Mix the two bowls of ingredients together and stir until just blended. Add the chopped sugar-free, low-carb dark chocolate pieces and mix well.
- Form the cookies. With your hands, break off a piece of the dough and form it into a ball. Optimally, the ball should be roughly one inch in diameter.
- Bake. Place the sugar-free, wheat-free, low-carb cookie dough balls on the cookie sheet, spacing them evenly apart. Bake at 350 degrees for six to eleven minutes, or until done.
- Cool. Cool the sugar-free, wheat-free, low carb chocolate chip cookies and serve.
- Health Notes. Malitol is a sugar alcohol. Sugar alcohols may cause adverse effects to the digestive system, but they are not counted as actual sugars, so they are considered to be a good sugar-free, low-carb alternative. Malitol has a relatively high glycemic index which is rated as 51-53 on the glycemic scale. Agave nectar is a sweetener produced from the agave plant. It is comprised of both fructose and glucose, but it has a glycemic index of only fifteen to nineteen. Depending upon your dietary needs, you'll need to choose the best sweetener for you.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
The Gentleman’s Guide to Tattoos
These tips from our resident expert will serve you well in the chair.