Have you been looking for a good sugar-free, wheat-free, low-carb chocolate chip cookie recipe? Then look no further! Bake a batch of these cookies today and enjoy their chocolatey goodness:
What you'll need:
- 2 1/2 cups of almond flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 10 Tbsp melted butter
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup of malitol syrup or 1/2 cup of agave nectar depending upon your preference (see Health Notes)
- 1 cup of sugar free, low-carb dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 mixing bowls
- cookie sheet
- Mix the dry ingredients. Mix the almond flour, salt and baking soda together in a large bowl. Almond flour is a good wheat-free, sugar-free, low-carb alternative to regular flour.
- Mix the wet ingredients. Mix the melted butter, vanilla extract and malitol syrup or agave nectar in another bowl.
- More mixing. Mix the two bowls of ingredients together and stir until just blended. Add the chopped sugar-free, low-carb dark chocolate pieces and mix well.
- Form the cookies. With your hands, break off a piece of the dough and form it into a ball. Optimally, the ball should be roughly one inch in diameter.
- Bake. Place the sugar-free, wheat-free, low-carb cookie dough balls on the cookie sheet, spacing them evenly apart. Bake at 350 degrees for six to eleven minutes, or until done.
- Cool. Cool the sugar-free, wheat-free, low carb chocolate chip cookies and serve.
- Health Notes. Malitol is a sugar alcohol. Sugar alcohols may cause adverse effects to the digestive system, but they are not counted as actual sugars, so they are considered to be a good sugar-free, low-carb alternative. Malitol has a relatively high glycemic index which is rated as 51-53 on the glycemic scale. Agave nectar is a sweetener produced from the agave plant. It is comprised of both fructose and glucose, but it has a glycemic index of only fifteen to nineteen. Depending upon your dietary needs, you'll need to choose the best sweetener for you.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …