Summer Dessert Recipes
The hotter summer gets, the more tempting it becomes to try some fresh summer dessert recipes. Using seasonal ingredients, such as fresh fruit, Jell-O, ice cream, yogurt, etc. will create a refreshing assortment of summer desserts for everyone to enjoy. Chocolate is another popular ingredient to be included on this summer dessert list.
1. Summer Cherry Cloud Dessert Recipe
- 1 cup cherry yogurt
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1(1/4 ounce)envelope cherry gelatin
- ¼ cup cold water
- 2 tbs. sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2cup fresh cherries, seedless
- 1/2cup sliced banana
- Prepare the cherry gelatin according to the instructions on package, and allow it to cool completely. (It doesn’t need to set, just get cool).
- Blend the cottage cheese and the yogurt in a blender, until smooth.
- Add the sugar and the vanilla extract.
- Add the cooled gelatin.
- Place the cherries and the banana in four small serving cups.
- Pour the gelatin mixture over the fruit.
- Cover, and chill until set.
2. Summer Lemon Breeze Dessert Recipe
- 2 limes, juice and zest
- ¼ cup rum or vodka
- 4 tbs. sugar
- 1 box (9 oz.) ladyfingers
- 2 (9 oz)containers mascarpone cheese
- 2 large eggs, separated
- ¼ cup sour cream
- Beat the egg whites with an electric mixer, until they form soft peaks. Set aside.
- In a different container, beat the half of the sugar, mascarpone, egg yolks, and the lemon zest.
- Add the cream to the mascarpone mixture, and blend well.
- Add the beaten egg whites.
- Whisk the lemon juice, rum, and the rest of the sugar in a small bowl, until sugar dissolves.
- Dip the ladyfingers into this blending.
- Place the ladyfingers at the bottom of a dish. Sprinkle some extra liquid over them.
- Spoon half of the mascarpone mix over the ladyfingers.
- Dip the remaining biscuits, and continue layering both mixtures until reaching the top.
- Cover, and refrigerate overnight.
3. Summer Lemon and Poppy Seed Cake Dessert Recipe
- 1 box lemon cake mix
- 1 pkg. (3 oz.) lemon pudding
- ½ cup margarine, melted
- 1/8 cup puppy seeds
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup hot water
- lemon ice - cream
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix all the ingredients (except the ice cream) in a large mixing bowl, and beat at high speed for three minutes.
- Put into a greased and floured baking pan.
- Bake for 40 or 50 minutes.
- Let it cool, and serve with a generous amount of lemon ice cream.
4. Summer Cherry Chocolate Float Dessert Recipe
- 1 can (12 oz) cherry soda
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 4 scoops chocolate ice cream
- ¼ cup maraschino cherries, cut in small pieces
- 4 tbs whipping cream
- Pour the same amount of the can of cherry soda into two tall glasses.
- Add 2 tbs cream, ¼ tsp vanilla, and the maraschino cherries into each glass.
- Top each glass with two scoops of chocolate ice cream.
- Serve immediately.
5. Summer Strawberry Mousse Dessert Recipe
- 1 lb. strawberries
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream, whipped
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Mash the strawberries with the sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Fold in the cream, and add the vanilla extract.
- Serve portions into small bowls.
- Chill for two hours, and serve.