Summer Dinner Ideas
Summer dinner ideas should be light and refreshing. Summer dinners should consist of locally grown fruits and vegetables. Summer dinner ideas are the perfect excuse to move away from traditional stove top cooking and use a grill to prepare dinner. Try these summer dinner ideas that everyone will enjoy, and don't forget to add some freshly squeezed lemonade to drink.
- 1 bag of pre-washed romaine lettuce
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and chopped
- 1 can of mandarin oranges
- light vinaigrette salad dressing
- loaf of crust bread
- Pour the bagged lettuce into a large salad bowl. Rip any large pieces into bite size pieces.
- Add in the avocado and oranges. Use salad tongs to toss the lettuce, avocado and oranges together.
- Place into large individual bowls. Pour a light vinaigrette salad dressing overtop of each salad.
- Serve with a thick crusted bread. Have butter on the side to butter the sliced bread.
This makes a light and healthy summer dinner idea.
- Kabob skewers
- olive oil and brush
- red and green peppers
- sweet onions
- cherry tomatoes
- Prepared salad and dressing
- loaf of bread
- fruit salad
- Cut up the zucchini, onions and peppers into bite size pieces. Place them aside in a large bowl
- Turn on the grill. Start the charcoal or turn on the gas on the grill. Wait until the grill is hot.
- Place the vegetables onto the kabob skewers. While you are waiting for the grill to heat up put the vegetables onto the skewers. Use any combination of vegetables you may like.
- Brush the vegetable Kabobs with oil. Use the brush and apply a light coating of oil.
- Place the Kabobs onto the grill. Grill for about ten minutes. Turn the vegetable kabobs occasionally to ensure even cooking.
- Serve with a large salad and loaf of bread. Use the kabobs for the main course. A fruit salad makes a nice desert for this meal.
When you are coming up with other summer dinner ideas, think easy. Try to do things that require little prep work in the kitchen. When cutting vegetables for summer meal ideas, take the cutting board outside and cut on your outdoor table. Summer is the perfect time to get outside and enjoy nature.