Fishing in tournaments or fishing for fun, you will always need summer fishing essentials. They are a vital part of ensuring a great outcome on your fishing trip. No one wants to go fishing and suddenly remember they left something of importance at home. It is always a good idea to make lists of everything you will need for your fishing trip.
Here's a list of summer fishing essentials important to any fishing trip, be it tournament or for pleasure.
Summer Fishing Essentials
- Have good working rods and reels.
- Have extra sinkers and hooks in case of a line break.
- Fish weighers are a great item to have.
- Have a fillet knife handy for filleting your catfish.
- Carry extra line in your tackle box.
- Make sure to have apparel for the type of weather you will be fishing in.
- Carry snacks and plenty of water on hot days.
- If you are fishing a big lake you have never been on, have a map handy of the lake.
- Have a fish stringer or fish holder for the huge fish you are surely going to catch.
- Rod holders.
- Make sure to have plenty of bait. Night crawlers, lures, goldfish, anything you would like to use as bait.
- Have a bait holder for live bait.
- If you will be doing night fishing, carry lanterns that are in good working order.
- Carry bug repellant for the nasty insects.
- Carry a watch guys, so you will be home on time. The women in your life will require it.