What are some summer quotes from songs? Quotes about summer in songs have long been a part of music. Summer is the time when you can spend time outdoors in so many activities, where young lovers and old frolic in nature. Summer quotes in songs can range from the romantic, to the tragic and every where in between. There are so many good summer quotes in songs it wont be easy to just pick a few, but here goes.
Here are some great summer quotes in songs:
- "Hot town, summer in the city. Back of my neck getting dirty and gritty. Been down isn't it a pity. Doesn't seem to be a shadow in the city." Written and performed by John Sebastian and Lovin Spoonful the summer classic "Shadow in the City" is perhaps one of the quintessential summer songs with a beat that just makes your feet move.
- "Sha la la lala la, my lady, In the sun with your hair undone. Can you hear me now, callin' your name from across the bay? A summer's day laughin' and a hidin' Chasin' love out on Thunder Island." Jay Fergeson's classic "Thunder Island" is about love on a special island. Fun and easy to listen to.
- "I got my first real six-string. Bought it at the five-and-dime. Played it 'till my fingers bled, was the summer of 69." Bryan Adams and Jim Vallance wrote this great summer classic "Summer of 69" and it was performed by Bryan Adams, becoming a signature hit. Great lyrics, great beat, makes for a very fun catchy song that pops into your head at the most unexpected times.
- "Oh, when the sun beats down and burns the tar up on the roof. And your shoes get so hot you wish your tired feet were fire-proof. Under the boardwalk, down by the sea, yeah. On a blanket with my baby is where I'll be." "Under the Boardwalk" by Arthur Resnik and Kenny Young was sung by The Drifters and became a summer classic about young love.
- "Out past the cornfields where the woods got heavy. Out in the backseat of my 60 Chevy. Working on mysteries without any clues. Working on our night moves. Trying to make some front page drive-in news. Workin' on our night moves in the summertime, in the sweet summertime." "Night Moves" is the Michigan bard Bob Seger's autobiographical all time classic song about youth, growing up, and learning about love. What American adult cannot sit back, listen to this song, and remember that special summer of their youth.
There are some great summer quotes in songs. Each one is a classic in it's own right, and is probably known by the majority of listeners, even if they do not know the name of the song but recognize the first few bars. Some of the greatest songs contain summer quotes, hope these bring back great memories. Put them on your play list and listen, summer is always just around the corner with such great music.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Remember when Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman made all that noise—and news—before the Super Bowl? We had the story long before the season even started, trailing him all over Se ...