Before learning about sun poisoning treatment, it is important to learn how to prevent it. Sun poisoning is a severe sunburn and can cause blistering and pain on the skin as well as fever, dizziness and dehydration. Sun poisoning is caused by excessive exposure to the harsh rays of the sun. When in the midday sun wear high UVA sunscreen, SPF 30 or higher and a hat to keep the sun off your face. If the worst happens and you become victim to a painful burn there are some sun poisoning treatments that will help.
Some of the items that may help with treatment:
- Aloe vera
- Ibuprofen or acetaminophen
- Calamine lotion
- Apply aloe vera lotion (the clear, green lotion) to your burned skin. If you have an aloe vera plant, place one or two leaves in a blender and apply the fresh made salve to your burn. The aloe vera will sooth the burning of the skin and also provide needed moisture.
- Take ibuprofen or acetaminophen to alleviate symptoms of sun poisoning which can cause pain and burning. Begin with one or two tablets every eight to twelve hours. This will help with the pain by reducing the inflammation of the skin while reducing the fever caused by the sun poisoning.
- Apply calamine lotion directly onto the skin to help relieve skin damage as well as helping to sooth the burn. The lotion can also be added to the bath water to coat a more expansive burn. For the maximum effect of this treatment use the calamine lotion at least two times in 24 hours.
- Yogurt is a natural healer as it re-establishes the acid/alkaline balance of the sunburned skin. Use natural yogurt to help cool and hydrate the skin by applying it cool to the sunburn. Allow the yogurt to stay on the burn for ten to fifteen minutes, then rinse off in a cool shower. Do this several times a day to relieve the burning and pain.
Treating sun poisoning with these procedures at home can help to relieve the pain and burning while healing takes place. If fever and symptoms become severe it is very important to seek medical help at the hospital or your doctors office. Stay out of the direct sun and keep in mind that you can get sun poisoning in a small amount of time—use topically applied sunscreen to block the UV rays. Sun poisoning is serious and can have an effect on your future health as well.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!