Supercars: 10 Fastest in the World
This list of supercars, are the ten fastest in the world, and as a result some of the most expensive cars in the world. These beautiful machines are works of art in the automotive world. With only a few hundred of these models ever produced, they are truly collector pieces.
- SSC Ultimate Aero. The SSC Ultimate Aero is the number one fastest car in the world. It is able to reach 257 mph and it is able to get from zero to 60 in 2.7 seconds, which makes it one of the fastest times of any of the cars. The usual base price for this beautiful and fast car is at about $654,400. In 2007 it was tested for Guinness world records for the title of the world’s fastest car.
- Bugatti Veyron. For many years the Bugatti Veyron was the fastest car in the world till it was passed by the Ultimate Aero. The Veyron is able to go 253 mph and it can reach zero to 60 in 2.5 seconds which is quicker then the Aero. This car has 1001 hp under its hood and cost $1.7 million which makes it the most expensive car on this list.
- Saleen S7 Twin-Turbo. The Saleen S7 Twin-Turbo is the third fastest car in the entire world reaching a speed of 248 mph and 750 hp in its twin turbo engine. It sits at $555,000 for its price tag which is one of the smaller prices on the list of fastest cars.
- Koenigsegg CCX. The Koenigsegg CCX is number four on the list. This Swedish made car can go 245 mph and it has 806 hp in it. It is able to go from zero to 60 in a total of 3.2 seconds.
- McLaren F1. The number five car on the list is a well known car, the McLaren F1. This car is not only rare but it is able to go up to 240 mph. By being able to go 0-60 in 3.2 seconds and 627 hp is has more to brag about then just the price it takes to own one.
- Ferrari Enzo. Probably the most well known car on this list is also the sixth fastest car in the world, the Ferrari Enzo. This car is able to get up to 217 mph and it has 660 hp backing it up. Its price tag is only at $670,000 even though there were only about 400 of these amazing cars ever built.
- Jaguar XJ220. The Jaguar XJ220 gets a place at number seven on the list. With its mph matching that of the Ferrari’s. Though it may match the Enzo for its top speed it still falls .4 seconds short in the 0-60 speed test coming in at 3.8 seconds which for a car made in 1992 is an honor to still be on this list.
- Pagani Zonda. The Pagani Zonda car is the number eight car on the list being able to go 215 mph. Being able to go from zero to 60 in 3.5 seconds, this car has around 650 hp in its V12 motor.
- Lamborghini Murcielago CP640. Lamborghini’s Murcielago CP640 is the ninth fastest car that exists in the world with a top speed of about 211 mph. In 3.3 seconds it can do the zero to 60 speed test. It has more horse power then the Jaguar, the Lamborghini sits at 650 hp.
- Porsche Carrera GT. The Porsche Carrera GT is both the most expensive and fastest Porsche that exists today. It is able to go 205 mph and its record for going zero to 60 is 3.9 seconds. It has 612 hp and a price tag that sits at $440,000.