Using sweetened condensed milk recipes makes ordinary dishes and desserts smoother and richer. Sweetened condensed milk is regular cow’s milk that is processed to remove the water, and then sugar is added to sweeten it. Because sweetened condensed milk is stored in cans it is an item that is easy and convenient to keep in the pantry. Try a simple sweetened condensed milk recipe to see the difference from regular milk.
Creamy Rice Pudding
To make creamy rice pudding, you will need:
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Pinch of salt
- 2/3 cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2/3 cup Evaporated Milk
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup raisins or pecan halves
- Ground cinnamon
- Cook the rice. Combine water, rice, cinnamon stick and salt in medium saucepan and bring to a boil on a high heat. Reduce the heat to low, cover the saucepan, and simmer 20 minutes.
- Add milk to the rice. Add the sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, and milk to the rice mixture. Simmer the rice mixture, uncovered, stirring frequently. Cook the rice pudding for 20 to 25 minutes until rice is tender.
- Finish the rice pudding. When the rice is tender, remove cinnamon stick and stir in the raisins or nuts. Spoon the rice pudding into a bowl or individual dessert cups and sprinkle with a little ground cinnamon. Serve warm or chilled.
Cinnamon Mocha Coffee
To make cinnamon mocha coffee, you will need:
- 4 cups strong brewed Coffee
- 1 (14-ounce) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream
- Combine the coffee, sweetened condensed milk, unsweetened chocolate, and cinnamon in large saucepan. Heat the cinnamon mocha coffee over low heat and stir frequently until coffee is hot.
- Pour the hot cinnamon mocha coffee into individual mugs. Garnish with a dollop of fresh whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. Sprinkle with a dusting of cinnamon. Serve immediately.
CaribbeanPineapple-Lime Ice Cream
To make Caribbean Pineapple Lime ice cream, you will need:
- 1 (20 oz.) can crushed pineapple in pineapple juice
- 1 (14 oz.) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 5 drops yellow food coloring
1 cup heavy cream
- Combine pineapple and pineapple juice, sweetened condensed milk, lime juice, lime zest, food coloring, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Whip the cream. Place the heavy cream in a medium mixing bowl and whip with an electric mixer until the whip cream forms peaks as you pull the mixer straight up. Fold the whipped heavy cream into the pineapple mixture.
- Freeze the mixture. Pour the mixture into a loaf pan or freezer container and freeze for three to four hours until frozen. Serve frozen.
- A pinch of salt, an actual measurement, is the amount of salt that can be held between the thumb and index finger.
- To make strong brewed coffee, use 1/3 cup fresh coffee grounds and eight cups of water.
- To make lime zest, grate the peel using a cheese grater.
- If you whip the heavy cream too long, it will turn into butter.