Swim suit models are unquestionably breathtaking, but beyond their beautiful bodies, these women lead some interesting lives. Some are modeling today while others have expanded their careers to television, entrepreneurship and even activism. Find out all about some of the biggest names in the world of swim suit modeling from the infamous Naomi Campbell to the new bombshell on the scene, Brooklyn Decker.
- Christie Brinkley The lovely Christie Brinkley is not only one of the most famous swim suit models but she is a renowned supermodel and activist. Brinkley was on the cover of Sports Illustrated in 1979, 1980 and 1981. She was catapulted to celebrity status with her marriage to Billy Joel. This California girl has spoken out against both nuclear proliferation. She spoke at the United Nations on behalf of the Global Security Institute about the importance of nuclear disarmament. She is also a functional board member of Standing for Truth about Radiation, or STAR.
- Eva Herzigova Born in the Czech Republic, Eva Herzigova has been featured as a swim suit model in Sports Illustrated but is also well-known as a model for Guess Jeans and Victoria's Secret. Herzigova has also expanded her career to the silver screen, acting in a handful of films, including Modligliani and Just for the Time Being. She is well-known for her long legs and cat-like eyes.
- Naomi Campbell Modeling since the age of fifteen, Naomi Campbell is thought of as one of the top swim suit models with a remarkable body and stunning face. She rose during the era of supermodels and was the first black model to be shown on the cover of Time Magazine and Vogue. Campbell has built up a reputation as a temptress with a temper. She has been convicted of assaulting an assistant on a television set and accused of spitting on a security guard at a U2 concert.
- Kathy Ireland This California swim suit model was on the cover of Sports Illustrated in 1989, 1992 and 1994. She proved herself to have not only a beautiful face and body but a business-mogul mind. Kathy Ireland started her own company, Kathy Ireland Worldwide, featuring home furnishings and clothing apparel. Her most recent business venture is a line of wedding dresses.
- Brooklyn Decker Newer on the scene, Brooklyn Decker is one of the more recent swim suit models to be on the cover of Sports Illustrated. She has been featured on the pages since 2006 and was on the cover in 2010. Considered a perfect ten, Decker has had an active modeling career over the past several years. Decker has also modeled for Victoria's Secret and the Gap and has appeared on both film and television including the 2011 release, Just Go With It and the popular television series, Ugly Betty. Gorgeous and unavailable, Decker is married to tennis player Andrew Roddick.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.