The proper swimming diving technique is important for all divers and swimmers. Swimming in combination with diving is great exercise and will help you stay active, fit and healthy. It is also a fun sport that requires concentration and skill. To learn more about swimming diving techniques and tips, read on.
- Head-first diving. The head-first dive is basically a dive that is performed with the arms stretched in front of the head and a vertical jump into the water. Using power and concentration, bend your legs and jump head-first in a vertical motion into the water. Once underwater, move the legs and arms quickly.
- Feet-first diving. The feet-first is quite a bit easier than the head-first dive for most swimmers and divers. Before the initial dive, you should take about ten deep breaths. Then, the diver simply submerges himself with circular hand movements and moves the hips upwards. It is essential that the diver maintains balance during a feet-first dive.
- Backward dive. Diving does not always have to be performed from the front. To do a backward dive, spring your body from a standing position and dive vertically into the water head-first. A backward dive is a little bit harder than a front dive for most divers.
- Diving flight. While in the air, a diver can position his body into various different tuck, pike, straight, and freestyle positions. Much like gymnastics, you can be creative with the way you move through the air and can incorporate tumbling techniques into your dives.
- Reverse dive. To do a reverse dive, face the front of the board and spin inwards towards the board when jumping off. An excellent diving technique to use and build upon when learning harder or more complex dives.
- Arm-stand dive. This skilled dive incorporates a handstand with a dive. To perform an arm stand dive, the diver must balance his body on his hands in a handstand position before diving into the water.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
A Noble Experiment… With Bourbon
What happens when jeans are “aged” liked a fine spirit? We’ll soon find out.
Today in Nick Offerman: Love, Work and iPhone Advice
He offered that, plus tales of college sex, on the Tonight Show.
Cooking With Booze: Bourbon Barrel Quad Ice Cream
If you're ever going to make dessert, make it this beer-and-bourbon brilliance.