Swollen glands in neck treatment depends on the underlying cause. First, you must find out why you have swollen glands and then the treatment can be looked at closer. In some cases, no treatment at all is necessary if it is due to a minor infection that may go away on its own. On the other hand, swollen glands in the neck could mean cancer. Swollen glands in the neck are a simplified term for enlarged lymph nodes.
- Any lump in children should be checked immediately. If your child has a lump in his neck 1 cm or larger (1/2 inch or more), have a doctor check them immediately. You need to treat any infection involved before it has time to spread and become worse. There are natural treatments that can be used after the child is diagnosed. Many children will only tell you they feel bad and unless you have them checked out you may not realize if it is serious or not.
- Infection is the most common cause of swollen glands in the neck. Infections could come from bacteria, cat scratch disease, strep throat, tonsillitis, tuberculosis or peritonsillar abscess. In most cases these infections are treated with antibiotics. Besides antibiotics, the patient is also treated naturally with herbs, listed below. To get the lymph flowing again, use a mini-trampoline.
- Natural remedies for swollen glands in the neck. When the glands in the neck are swollen due to infection, there are certain natural remedies that can be used. A common natural remedy that is used to remove toxins from the body is a mixture of one teaspoon of baking soda and one teaspoon of sea salt to a glass of water. Other remedies include: zinc and sellium supplements to improve the immune system, castor oil rubbed on the neck, lavender oil thinned with mineral oil and the use of raw apple cider vinegar.
- Thyroid Disease. Although thyroid disease is not deadly, it will come with some serious problems. Oprah Winfrey suffers from thyroid disease and claims that is what caused her to gain weight. Thyroid disease needs to be treated by a doctor and natural medicines should not be considered until the doctor has reported his findings. Thyroid disease can lead to serious complications. The thyroid gland may produce a lump in the neck and should be your first sign.
- Swollen glands in the neck may be a sign of cancer. The only way to know if you have cancer from swollen glands in the neck is by having test done. Besides swelling in the neck, you may notice swollen lymph nodes in the arm pits. Fortunately most swollen glands in the neck are not cancerous.Treatment for cancer of the lymph nodes can be done naturally or by conventional methods using radiology and chemotherapy.
- Natural Remedies for Cancer. If you have discovered you have cancer and have decided many that conventional methods are not the best choice, then there are many natural options. Building up your immune system should be your first line of defense. The two common denominators in any cancer appear to be lifestyle and fungus. First, many cancers come from body abuse, such as smoking, alcohol and eating the wrong foods. To start your natural plan of recovery switch to a vegetarian diet with mainly raw foods. Eliminate red meat and especially processed meats, such as bacon, baloney and deli meats. Give up smoking and drinking and use natural herbs such as Nigella sativa, vitamin C, colloidal silver, olive leaf, Echinacea and grape seeds.
- Swollen glands in the neck may indicate Mononucleosis. A common side effect of mononucleosis is swollen lymph nodes. Treatment for Mono is bed rest, lots of vitamins and a diet full of protein. Protein comes in many forms and does not have to be strictly meat. Another part of the treatment for swollen glands in the neck is the reduction of stress. Mono patients need to rid their self of stressful relationships and jobs.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
21 Fantastic Facts About Ronda Rousey
This trivia’s like her fights: quick and jarring.
21 Hairstyles Women Love
Female experts reveal the ’dos that drive them wild.