It is important to learn about swollen lymph notes in groin treatment if you have recently noticed swelling or have been diagnosed with a swollen lymph node. There are lymph nodes located in several places around your body, and there are several reasons that they could become swollen. If you have noticed a swelling in your groin area make sure to visit your doctor.
What you need:
- swollen lymph nodes
- doctors appointment
- prescribed medication
- Pain relievers. One of the most common treatments for a swollen lymph node is an over the counter pain reliever. This is usually used in conjunction with some other treatment. Ibuprofen and acetaminophen are the most common pain relievers that doctors will recommend.
- Warm compress. If the swelling is due to an injury just applying a warm compress and keeping the area elevated may help. It may take a few applications and a couple of days before the swelling goes down.
- Antibiotics. The treatment for swollen lymph nodes in the groin depends on the cause. If the swelling is a result of an infection, your doctor will prescribe antibiotics or some other antiviral medication to treat the infection. The underlying cause must be treated in order to help the lymph node swelling.
- Draining. If there is an abscess that is causing the swelling of the lymph node then it might need to be drained. This can be done in your doctors office by just cutting open the skin and then filling the opening with packing.
- Surgery. Some lymph node swelling in the groin is due to a malignancy. If this is the case then surgery may be needed. This would normally be followed up with either radiation or chemotherapy.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
We all love fine food—and the people who make it! Eats introduces you to those folks, taking you into the kitchens of all kinds of culinary luminaries. From BBQ to vegan, eco-frien …