Symptoms Of Broken Toe
Learn about the symptoms of broken toe so you know how to deal with your toe pain. A broken toe can be extremely painful. If you've bumped or jammed your toe, dropped something on a toe, or in another way hurt your toe, it could be broken. But if you've done something to your toe and aren't sure it's broken, it's always good to know the symptoms of a broken toe so you know how to deal with it.
- Acknowledge the injury. The first symptom of a broken toe is notice that you did something to your toe. Maybe you were playing sports or running and injured your toe. Be aware of what was happening when your toe began to hurt.
- Your toe may have popped. A symptom of a broken toe may be a popping or cracking sound.
- The broken toe is painful. Probably the most common symptom of a broken toe is pain. The toe may be tender to the touch or be full out painful when you walk and step down on it. When a toe feels painful with the pressure of walking, this is a symptom of a broken toe.
- The toe is swollen or bruised. A broken toe often swells to larger than its normal size. Another symptom of a broken toe is that it shows signs of bruising by turning blue or black.
- The broken toe may be out of alignment. A broken toe can appear to be sticking out at an odd angle or appear to be deformed looking.