Symptoms of a male yeast infection phimosis in most males will be asymptomatic, until it gets worst. These yeast infections can be a common reoccurrence in some individuals. It used to be thought that only yeast infections occurred in women, but that is obviously not the case. Yeast infections occur in men as well. Most male yeast infections are visible around and under the foreskin of a male’s penis. Men who have a yeast infection in this area are experiencing an overgrowth of candida albicans. This is a fungus that tends to thrive in warm, moist and dark areas. Yeast lives in various parts of a person’s body, but stays controlled most of the time. It is not as common for men who have been circumcised to acquire yeast infections, as it is to men who have not been circumcised.
- White discharge. Some males may notice a thick, white build up around the foreskin of the penis. This discharge will resemble the same as a yeast infection in a woman; it can give the appearance of cottage cheese.
- Red bumps/blisters. The first visible sign of a yeast infection around the foreskin is slightly raised red bumps, or blisters, in this area. These bumps can feel very irritated and painful to the touch.
- Burning during urination. For many men, this can be the first real sign that something is not quite right. Some men may notice a burning, or tingling sensation when trying to urinate; this is normally felt at the tip of the penis area.
- Foul odor. The area in which the foreskin has become infected will give off a yeasty odor, or as some refer to it, a cheesy smelling odor. The odor is very a very distinguished and recognizable odor, for those who get them on a frequent basis.
- Irritation/Pain during sexual intercourse. There may be pain and irritation felt during intercourse; this is brought on by the rubbing and friction in the area where the infection is located.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …