Sync Blackberry With Mac
For a quick and easy way to back up data, media and even charge the phone, the process to sync BlackBerry with Mac computer is as simple as installing the software and plugging the two devices together. Created by Research In Motion, which also creates the BlackBerry smartphones, the BlackBerry Desktop Software takes care of the syncing of data between the mobile device and a Mac or PC computer.
What you'll need to synch a BlackBerry with a Mac:
- BlackBerry smartphone
- Mac computer with Mac OS X version 10.5.7 or above
- BlackBerry device software version 4.2 or above
- iTunes version 7.7.1 or above
- Internet connection
- USB cord
Process to sync a BlackBerry with a Mac:
- Connect the Mac computer to the internet and visit the official website for the BlackBerry smartphone. Navigate to locate and download the BlackBerry Desktop Software for Mac.
- Install the BlackBerry Desktop Software by following the prompts. Restart the computer if necessary.
- Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the Mac computer using the USB cable. This should automatically launch the BlackBerry Desktop Software.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to setup your BlackBerry Desktop Software with the phone for the first time. Enter the specified information when prompted.
- Wait at the BlackBerry sync with the Mac computer is processed. The BlackBerry Desktop Software will copy and backup information such as contacts, appointments, apps, music, photos and videos.
- Encrypt the backup file if desired. To keep personal information safe and secure, you can choose to enter a password to protect and encrypt the backup file.
- Use the BlackBerry Desktop Software to transfer music, videos, photos and other files to the BlackBerry smartphone. Leave the USB cable connected while files sync or to charge the phone.
- Close the BlackBerry Desktop Software and disconnect the USB cord when syncing and charging is complete. Repeat the process as desired to sync the BlackBerry with a Mac computer.