If you want to sync your iPod to a new computer you recently purchased, you will have to take the time to do a few preliminary steps before synching your device. This will ensure that you will not lose any music, videos, movies or other data you already have on your iPod.
- USB cable
- Tansee iPod Transfer software
- Download Tansee iPod Transfer. On your new computer, you should download Tansee iPod Transfer. This is a program that is free to download, although there is also a version that you can pay for. Navigate to www.gutensoft.com to download. You need this software in order to copy your data from iPod to computer so you can sync your iPod on your new computer.
- Connect your iPod. Use your USB cable to connect your iPod to your new computer. This is essential in being able to sync your iPod to your new computer.
- Open Tansee iPod Transfer. Launch the Tansee iPod Transfer program on your new computer. Everything you currently have on your iPod will be displayed in the program. It is necessary to do this, especially if you plan on syncing your iPod with any new music on your new computer in the future.
- Select music files. Make sure you select any or all files you want to transfer to your new computer. You can use keyboard shortcuts by using the "Ctrl" key to select multiple files at once. Click the right mouse button to select everything.
- Copy the files. Click on the "Copy" button at the bottom right-hand side of the Tansee iPod Transfer program. Set an output path so that you can transfer your data to your new computer. This will make it possible to sync your iPod from the computer.
- Open iTunes and connect your iPod. Use your USB cable to connect your iPod to your new computer. Your iPod will now begin to sync the newly transferred music on your new computer.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Remember when Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman made all that noise—and news—before the Super Bowl? We had the story long before the season even started, trailing him all over Se ...