Taco Seasoning Mix Recipe
Save money and eat better by preparing this taco seasoning mix recipe. Homemade taco seasoning mix usually has far less sodium and other preservatives than the little packets you can buy in the grocery store. This taco seasoning mix recipe also costs a lot less than the spice packets and you can adjust the heat to suit your tastes. Use the taco seasoning on ground beef, turkey or chicken or add it to a batch of black or pinto beans to spice things up.
To make this taco seasoning mix recipe, you will need:
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 2 tbsp. cumin
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- Mixing bowl
- Glass jar with lid or other air-tight container
- Make the taco seasoning mix by combining the chili powder, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, paprika and salt in a bowl. Add the cayenne pepper for a bit of heat and then add the black pepper and cornstarch.
- Mix the ingredients together. Stir until well combined. There shouldn't be any lumps.
- Add more salt if you wish or more cayenne and black pepper to make the seasoning spicier.
- Store the taco seasoning in a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid or other air tight container. To usethe mix, add about four tablespoons of the mix with a 1/2 cup of water to ground beef or chicken in a skillet.