Tagging People In Facebook Status
Tagging people in Facebook status allows you to give shout outs to your friends. It lets everyone on your friends list know who you are thanking or spending time with via your status. By tagging someone it also appears on the tagged wall post. The concept of tagging people in a Facebook status is the same as a tag in a Twitter tweet.
- In order to tag people in a Facebook status they must first be on your friend’s list. Without it, they cannot be tagged and their name will show up as regular unlinked text.
- Sign into your account and click your wall post link.
- When you are ready to start tagging people in your Facebook status you add a “@” before their name. This will bring a drop down menu for you to select the person’s name from.
- Once you are done tagging people in your Facebook status, it will appear as “I’m hanging out with @John Doe on the beach.” Don’t worry about not seeing your tag yet.
- Then you post your status to your page.
- Now instead of seeing “@Name,” the person tagged in your Facebook status will have a link to their Facebook profile.
- Shortly after tagging people in your Facebook status, your message will appear on their post.
Be careful of what you tag other people in your post to. Keep in mind that when you tag them it will appear on their wall as well. Facebook is meant to be a social networking site to keep in contact with friends, family and employers. Please use this feature wisely.