Tahoe Ski Resorts: 5 Best
Take your enjoyment of skiing to the next level by visiting one of the 5 best Tahoe ski resorts. With beautiful views and challenging slopes, you will not be disappointed with your skiing adventure at Lake Tahoe. It is located in the Sierra Nevada mountain range along the California and Nevada border.
- Northstar-at-Tahoe Resort. This resort has nineteen lifts with 92 runs on 3,000 acres. They offer ski and snowboarding lessons to adults and children as young as the age of three. They specialize in training people that are interested in learning competitive skiing and offers a team program to improve your racing skills.
- Heavenly Lake Tahoe Ski Resort. On 4,800 acres you are sure to find the terrain to fit your style and skill level. They offer 30 lifts and 95 runs. You will feel like you are on a real ski vacation in the fabulous lodging facilities. After a great day of downhill skiing, enjoy a meal at the resorts Flyer Zipline restaurant.
- Sierra-at-Tahoe Resort. Averaging 480 inches of fresh snow each year, you are guaranteed great skiing conditions at this resort. Some of the slopes are situated in prime locations where wind protection is virtually guaranteed. With 46 slopes, 25% are great for beginners while the other 75% are more suitable to the intermediate or advanced skier.
- Alpine Meadows Lake Tahoe Ski Resort. With the summit at 8,637 feet and the base at 6,835 feet, you will have plenty of room to experience some serious downhill skiing. The 2,400 acres are patrolled regularly, and they have 100 runs with thirteen lifts. Equipment rental is available for those who needed to pack lightly for their vacation. The Snowcat restaurant offers daily gourmet meals which can be enjoyed in a private setting or with a group of family and friends.
- Mt. Rose Lake Tahoe Ski Resort. This resort opened the new Winters Creek Lodge during the 2009 to 2010 ski season. The glass outer-walls give you the panoramic view of the mountains while enjoying the warmth and security of the lodge. Mt. Rose offers eight lifts with 60 ski runs on 1,200 acres. Almost 50% of their ski runs are designed for the advanced skier. This is a great place for experience skiers who are looking for a challenge and a great vacation.