Tarot Cards And Their Meanings
Tarot cards and their meanings are important to understand whenever you are doing a reading. There are over 78 different cards that you will need to know the meaning for in order to interpret them for the person you are reading for. During your readings you will find that some cards have a tendency to come up more often than others. With this in mind, here are these more “popular” cards from the Rider-Waited deck and their meanings:
- The Devil tarot card has the picture of a winged, horned devil on a black pedestal with a naked male and female, chains and an inverted pentagram. This card belongs to the major arcane. It represents abandon, wild behavior and unbridled desires. Sometimes this can be a good thing but at other times, not so good. In order to determine this, you will need to be honest with yourself.
- The Death tarot card contains a picture of black robes, a scythe or a black flag with a white rose on it, and a rising sun. While this card can represent a real death, it can also be about the ending of other things as well. Sometimes this can be a good thing, because something is finally over. Regardless as to whether it’s good or bad, you will need to come to terms with the fact that something that you are used to is no longer a part of your life.
- The Wheel of Fortune tarot card has a picture of a wheel turning clockwise with figures rising and falling, as well as a sphinx sitting on top of the wheel itself. Many Hebrew letters and alchemical symbols are found on this card. This card is all about luck and change. It symbolizes completeness and the message that “what goes around comes around.” Other meanings that are associated with this card include abundance, happiness, elevation, luck and change that brings great joy.
- The Fool tarot card is very colorful. It showcases the fool wearing miscellaneous clothes, carries a pack tied to his staff and is walking with a dog on a cliff. This card stands for “infinite possibilities.” The bag indicates that he has all that is necessary for him to do or be anything he desires after he stops to unpack. As such, this card indicates that you are on your way to a brand new beginning. However, the dog serves as a warning to watch your step so that you don’t fall down and look like a fool.
- The Lovers tarot card has a picture of an angel or a cupid along with Adam and Eve standing between two trees – one with a serpent and the other with apples.This card represents one person being “in love” with a person or thing. However, it is more about choice than about love. It is also about something that speaks to you and that you know about. This “something” will make you feel balanced and complete. Therefore, when this tarot card is being interpreted, it is read as though the person who is having the reading done for them has either came across or will come across a person or a thing that they will fall in love with. Once this happens, they will know instinctively that this was meant for them even if they have to leave the path that they are currently on. This is where choice comes in, as the person will need to decide whether or not to go along with it and face the price for doing so.